Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Does BitDefender upload scanned files for themselves?

Options

When BitDefender scans files on a computer, does it also upload them to their cloud and save a copy of them for themselves?

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited June 2022
    Options

There is currently no information available on the forum regarding whether bitdefender saves a copy of upload files scanned via cloud detection.

This seems to be a valid question & I would also love to hear from the bitdefender staff what happens to the file that gets uploaded to the cloud. Is the file stored somewhere or immediately deleted from the bitdefender servers once the cloud analysis of that particular file is completed.

Maybe @Alexandru_BD, @Mike_BD, @jay can provide more information on this.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• BDMo
    Options

Anyone?

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited June 2022
    Options

Give them another day, hopefully by tomorrow :)

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options

@BDMo @mrmirakhur

Hello.

This is what i got as an answer from chatting with the Consumer Malware Support on the global website:

Maybe @Alexandru_BD can give us more details.

Regards.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

I guess they mean, if the file is detected by cloud engine then it might be the signature and if it is not then it might be the hash of the file that is stored in their database.

Yea, lets wait for @Alexandru_BD to get information from the malware researchers.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

I'll jump in and clarify. While the support representative is technically correct, the communication might leave room for interpretation. The scans are based upon virus signatures, so it is not necessary for any files to be uploaded in cloud, just the hashes and only when a detection takes place.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user