Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Malaysia

Options

Hello,

I like the Bitdefender VPN.

Why does the Desktop version have Malaysia as a server option and the Mobile version for iOS does not have Malaysia ? Please add it to the mobile version too. So weird one app yes and the other app no.

Thanks

Bandiroot

0 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited June 2022
    Options

I have moved your topic to PRODUCT FEATURES AND IDEATION category. Someone from the bitdefender staff will reply back to you soon.

@Alexandru_BD, @Mike_BD

You can also contact the bitdefender mobile support team by dropping them an email at bms@bitdefender.com and sharing your feedback with them

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @BandiRoot and thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

Our VPN team's main focus is to develop the functionality of the standalone VPN app, which in addition to having support for more countries and servers, offers many other features that cannot be introduced nor replicated in Mobile Security. Thus, the standalone version is more complex and you may notice differences between the two VPNs.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Flexx
    Options

@Alexandru_BD - I have a question here.

Based on my personal knowledge, Bitdefender VPN uses the engine of Hotspot Shield and Hotspot Shield in its mobile version features the country Malaysia.

Regards

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

We don’t use their engine, but we do rely on their partner infrastructure. However, it is a different engine than the one they use for their Hotspot Shield app.

• Flexx
    Options

While I am still unable to understand what is the difference between relying on their partnership infrastructure and using their servers (engine)

Below is the image section of VPN from Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android. It clearly mentions, powered by Hotspot Shield.

Regards

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

I'll post the answer here as well. The screenshot helped me understand the context better.

The story goes like this: the VPN module present in Mobile Security only offers tunneling functionality (initially, I thought you were referring to the standalone VPN). For the standalone VPN, the engine is entirely developed by Bitdefender with features that are not offered by (or in conjunction with) Hotspot Shield, but we do rely on their infrastructure, for both the standalone VPN as well as the module embedded in Mobile Security.

I hope I could shed some light on this.

Regards

• Flexx
    Options

Picture perfect, thanks for the clarification.

Regards

• BandiRoot
    Options

So when is it gonna be added to the mobile version ? Since Hotspot shield has Malaysia.

• Flexx
    Options

@Alexandru_BD is on leave

Kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Regards

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

The VPN developers are planning to include Malaysia in the mobile version by the end of July.

Regards