2- Different licenses with 2-different renewal dates

I have been using "Bitdefender Total Security" withe a renewal date of July 31, 2002.

I recently purchased a new license for "Bitdefender Premium Security" with a renewal date of June 17, 2023.

I did not use the merge license option on the recent purchase (a mistake-not sure)? As stated above I ended up with 2-active licenses with 2- different renewal dates and a different price for each.

My solution was to cancel (disable) the renewal for the "Bitdefender Total Security" and keep the "Bitdefender Premium Security" as the only renewable license.

So, I'm humbly asking the Pros out there if they see any issue with my decision to cancel the "Bitdefender Total Security" and just keep the Premium Security. I certainly don't want to pay for 2-licenses if the premium license alone will do the same job with more devices.

Thanks

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

I have tagged the bitdefender support staff which help you as soon as they will check this post.

@Alexandru_BD, @Mike_BD

Additionally, you can contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

@Pipedreamer

Hello.

First, you can't merge the both Bitdefender Total Security and Bitdefender Premium Security subscriptions into one valid subscription, since Bitdefender Total Security and Bitdefender Premium Security are different products that can be activated with different subscriptions.

The merging subscription option applies only if you renew one old subscription with the same new subscription.

Second, in your case the problem can be solved with an option called "device reallocation".

So, you need to reallocate ALL your devices to the new Bitdefender Premium Security subscription, by following these steps:

At the end, don't forget to stop the auto-renewal for the Bitdefender Total Security subscription, by following these steps:

Just follow the steps as described in Method 1, becase some users in the past reported that the steps from Method 2 didn't stop the auto-renewal. From my personal experience, Metod 1 does the job.

Regards.

• Thanks for the helpful replies - used the advice and all is working as it should!