Google chrome is not supported by Web protection anymore?

Huawei user here.

Why I don't have Google chrome here?

Thanks for any info

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @Omega4TX,

Could you please check if you have the latest update 3.3.174.2009 installed? There was a known issue where not all the supported browsers were visible in the list for Web Protection. A fix was deployed in the latest release, but the update rollout was at 50% yesterday, meaning that not all devices received it yet. The tests revealed that WebProtection is working perfectly on Chrome, even when not listed.

In the event Mobile Security is up to date, but the browser is still missing from the list, kindly get in touch with our engineers, as suggested by mrmirakhur above. I would also recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the app prior to that.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

While I am not so sure about this, but I guess it might be due to the google ban on huawei on using its services. While this answer may seem weird, I would request you to ask your query with bitdefender mobile support team by dropping them an email at bms@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

@mrmirakhur that's why I didn't answer this thread, as I found the same information as you, and would rather the post come from someone more knowledgeable like yourself.

So I'm not sure if this update would do anything for Omega4TX.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Flexx

Maybe that latest update may solve the issue for @Omega4TX

Let us know @Omega4TX if the issue still persists after updating to the latest version of bitdefender mobile security for android.

Regards

• Thanks for all the help.

Although, I just recently updated the latest update and Chrome is still not there.

If I remember correctly, it was there roughly 3-4 weeks ago. Therefore, I do not think its about Google ban on Huawei. ( also my device still supports google as it is an older device.)

Once again, thanks for the help.

I will write an email to the email address mentioned above.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alexandru_BD

Sorry, but i have to correct you. Yesterday i just got the latest update 3.3.175.2012.

Regards.

• Scott
    edited June 2022

I was on 3.3.173.2001 and ran an update through Play Store, now I'm on 3.3.174.2005

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Flexx
    edited June 2022

@Alexandru_BD, @Gjoksi

I am on version 3.3.176.17 and I received this update on June 8th 2022

Regards

• Gjoksi
    edited June 2022

@mrmirakhur

you are one lucky dude 😊

@Scott

i can feel your pain, bro, i can 😀

• Flexx
    edited June 2022

What I am trying to figure out here is that @Alexandru_BD is on version 3.3.174.2009 (despite owning an iOS device 😂), @Scott is on version 3.3.174.2005, @Gjoksi is on version 3.3.175.2012 and since I make use of third party application in updating my android application so I recieve latest version faster than google play store and hence I am on version 3.3.176.17 but my google play store shows the latest version as 3.3.174.2005

How can there be so much difference in version number. While difference for 1-2 user can be understood but for 3-4 users as stated above seems little hard to understand. @Alexandru_BD - I want to know how does bitdefender ships update to its application. And if it is true, then why are update shipped in batches instead of shipping it to all at once.

Regards

• Gjoksi

@mrmirakhur

yes, since we all have different version, i was wondering the same... maybe it is because of the android version and/or the patch level we have installed on our phones, maybe that depends on the phone's model we own or could be something else.. don't know...

• Poll: which one is the latest update?

1. 3.3.174.2005
    2. 3.3.174.2009
    3. 3.3.175.2012

🤣🤣

And @Gjoksi's secret: how come the updates reach him first? 😂 This we may never know.

• Flexx
    edited June 2022

@Alexandru_BD You forgot !

4) 3.3.176.17 😂

Also @Alexandru_BD living in Romania and Bitdefender not providing the latest update to their employees also lol 😂

Regards

• Scott

@mrmirakhur what third party update app are you using? Does it update all apps across the board, and maybe better, sooner than Play Stores app updater?

• Scott
  • Flexx
    edited June 2022

I basically make use of standalone application apkpure, you can download it from apkpure.com and yes they show latest updates for every application installed on your device and are probably faster in providing latest version than google play store.

And sometimes I also surf different websites like apkmonk.com, apkcombo.com to check for the latest updates.

Regards

• Gjoksi

@Alexandru_BD @Scott

Well, there might be an Easter egg in my phone's Google Play Store application. 😂

That's all i can tell you. 🤣

• I declare this thread officially hijacked. @Omega4TX sorry but we all have questions 😂

I hope Google comes back in that list. 😁

@mrmirakhur yes, I have an iOS, but I was just looking at all the available releases for Android since we have a few versions circulating here and I'm trying to find out exactly what's going on. Bear with me, I should soon find out.

apkmonk.com, apkcombo.com, apkpure.com sounds like you are using update "cheat codes", but @Gjoksi still gets them in advance somehow 🤣

• Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Mike_BD
    Mike_BD admin
    edited June 2022

@Omega4TX

Samsung S20FE 5G

One UI 4.1 on Android 12

== personal opinion: worst implementation of Android / UI ever/ now I finally get it why iOS users hate Android// Why Xiaomi is way better ==

BMS 3.3.174.2005

Chrome is under WP , working just fine.

However, if issues, please go to Accessibility, search for Bitdefender Mobile, "Installed Apps" and allow BMS.

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• Flexx
    edited June 2022

Hijacked lol 😂

Let me break the clue here - apkmonk.com, apkcombo.com, apkpure.com are some of the websites that malware researchers of different anti malware vendors use to download apk when they only have the package name of android application available and not the application itself.

I am very much aware of stuff malware researchers use and that is why I only post stuffs that are for sure real and safe 😅

Seems like @Gjoksi is in contact with the bitdefender developers or has some known person in bitdefender who are issuing him the latest update in advance lol

Regards

• Scott
  • Flexx

But then I have a newer version of android mobile security than him, lol 😂

Regards

• It's good you have mentioned this, because there's a catch and I have realised this just now. The 176.17 is a test track version and this make sense for @mrmirakhur to have, as you were a beta tester for us at some point. Presumably, your Mobile Security was not reverted to the production configuration? Basically, this is different from the production track.

Regarding the versions 2005, 2009 vs. 2012, I have just received word that there was indeed a minor release that was not yet announced. The previous rollouts are at 100% while the latest one, 2012 was still at 50% last time I've checked. There were two recent updates send consecutively and one of them was still rolling out when the latest one was deployed.

If you ask me, I think updates are generally rolled out in batches mostly for precautionary reasons and to ensure some form of control if something does not work as planned. This is unofficial though, as the details cannot be disclosed 😁

Apparently, many providers are choosing the rollout route and even Android has a similar process explained in this article:

Cheers

• Scott
    edited June 2022

• Flexx

Lol, I will be receiving the latest changes faster than others but at the same time with a bit of risk since being in beta, between if anyone wants the beta release they can sign up for the same in google play store under bitdefender application.

Regards

• Gjoksi

@Alexandru_BD @Mike_BD @Scott @mrmirakhur

OK, it's time to tell you the truth.

The answer why i get the latest updates is that Mr. Florin Talpeș and i are buddies for life, so he urged the employees for me to have the latest updates.

Regards.