Just bought a Windows 11 computer, but Bitdefender VPN doesn't work.

It worked fine for my W10 computer, but with the new Asus W11 it just won't start up, while loading ok.... I checked the system, and the W11 native firewall is switched off, so it should work but ZERO

Best Answers

Answers

• Hello @JonathanE,

There are a few general causes for connection errors encountered by Bitdefender VPN:

• You are not connected to the Internet and can’t access the Internet via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable. Make sure you have Internet access before using Bitdefender VPN.
    • A strictly configured firewall is preventing VPN connectivity (e.g. 3rd party firewall software, router’s built-in firewall). If you are not sure if your router comes with a dedicated firewall or how to turn it off please refer to its manual, contact the manufacturer or your ISP.
    • Another VPN or Proxy is running when you try to connect. In this case, disable the other VPN/Proxy solution.
    • You’re on a public Wi-Fi such as work, school, airport, etc. which may have blocked the ports required by Bitdefender VPN. You need to contact the network administrator to try and change their firewall settings.
    • The port used for the VPN connection is closed. Depending on the device you’re currently using, the port 443 UDP must be open.

In the event the root cause cannot be found, kindly share with us more details regarding the VPN behavior, version and error messages received, if any. You may also find troubleshooting steps for issues encountered when using VPN in the article below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/11311/

Should you require an in-depth investigation on the machine, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the Support Teams, as suggested by mrmirakhur above.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I'm very sorry, but I can't follow the instructions because they do not correspond to my Windows 11.....

I can't find the items I have to check, and while I have found the "terminal" mode, i don't know enough to use it properly... I have used your products on many different computers I have owned for at least 10 years, but can't do this properly because all your instructions are configured for Windows 10.

• @AlexandruBD : You have described it exactly. It seems I'm not the only one (there's safety in numbers, so I feel less silly !) I'l wait for your suggestions, and have send a BDconnection.log to bitsy@bitdefender.com

Thanks,

Jonathan

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited August 2022

@JonathanE So far 12 users have confirmed that reinstalling the VPN solved this issue.

• It WORKS !!!!! Thank you so much !

• YESS!! Glad to hear this. You are most welcome.

Enjoy 🙂