Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BitDefender VPN unable to turn on

Options

I just bought subscription for BitDevender VPN & uses install on this device.

All shows that I have full subscription BUT when I use Turn On button it do turning off itself manually so I cant use BitDefender VPN.

What should I do to use product for which one I paid for ?

I am looking forward to hearing from you

Sincerely

Best Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Our VPN expert (@Scott) on the forum can help you regarding this.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Calek

If you're using a Windows PC, try uninstalling it from Programs and Features or Apps. Run a Windows Disk Cleanup deleting your temp files, restart your PC. Then go back into your Central account, and from the left side drop-down options, click VPN/Install on more devices and Install on this device, and see if that helps to "repair" it. Then let us know if that worked.

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited August 2022
    Options

Hi @Calek,

I hereby confirm we do have a situation on our hands. The Support Teams have also received several inquiries regarding a connectivity loop. When trying to connect to VPN, it says connecting and nothing happens, it goes back to the "turn on to secure your connection" screen.

The developers and engineers are working on a fix.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Scott
    edited August 2022
    Options

Thanks for confirming that Alexandru, as we've been seeing quite a few of these type of posts over the last 3-4 days.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

@Calek multiple users have confirmed that reinstalling the VPN solved this issue.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I too have this problem with an iOS device 16.0 (20A5328h)

i have installed Bitdefender VPN from the App Store.

i have an active Premium VPN subscription.

when ever I try to activate the VPN I recieve

“An internal error occurred (Error code 105)”

If I check iOS setting the is no VPN profile available?

I hope you are able to resolve this issue before I ask for a refund.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Nooodlezz

Check this article:

Click on "Fix Bitdefender VPN errors on iOS & iPadOS".

Regards.

• @Gjoksi

I have tried all those steps numerous times.

I am never offered an option to add a VPN configuration.

there is no VPN profile for Bitdefender.

• And error code 105 isn’t listed.

• Calek
    edited August 2022
    Options

HI,

I did one time uninstall ("Add or Remove programs" in Windows & Uninstall option ) & install ( 1 time from link in e-mail received after buying product ) but I didnt see anything has happen and installed + Link to Activate subscription.

Then opened BitDefender, choose Install BitDefender VPN. And it seems this option were then best option from next installation after uninstall.

And it solved problem -> it works :)

It is on Windows 10.

• Scott
    Options

Thank you for following up with us Calek, in what worked for you. This can be helpful information for others to follow, too.

• I experienced this problem. VPN status was "turn on to secure your connection". If I clicked the power-on button it would show a brief animation of a speedometer accelerating and then go back to turn on to secure your connection. Following a suggestion I saw in a forum near here I used (Windows 11) settings>apps>app&features to select bitdefender vpn and uninstall. Then I rebooted and opened Bitdefender dashboard, clicked on VPN, clicked on install. VPN installed and started and appears to be working normally.