Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Annoying popup saying my system is at risk

When I installed BD, I was not given a choice whether I wanted to trial the paid version. Now that it's expired I keep getting this annoying popup saying my protection has expired and my system is at risk. It scared me the first time, so I checked, but BD free was still running, still doing its job. I closed the popup, but it comes up every day now along with a lot of other annoying popups. I have all this turned off in settings, but obviously, that doesn't work.

Trying to scare us into buying a paid version is not going to make us do anything but leave. I'm looking now for an alternative, because I can't afford the paid version and I don't like being threatened. I could stand a popup every once in awhile, maybe once a month, asking me to upgrade, but this is ridiculous and unprofessional and does not speak well of your company.

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

Hello.

I think that you have the same issue as @Nunzio d'Abbruzzo:

(just click on "View Post")

According to @Nunzio d'Abbruzzo's latest comment in that post, it seems that the issue has been solved by the latest build 26.0.27.90.

Also, you could do uninstall of the trial version using the Uninstall Tool:

and then install the Bitdefender Free program.

Regards.

• Nunzio77
    Nunzio77 Defender of the month mod

After updating Bitdefender AV Free to version 26.0.27.90 the popup appeared the same and even when switching to the Plus version, the same popup also appeared for the Plus version.

It has now been about 2 days since it hasn't appeared to me anymore.

However, I have an open ticket with customer support.

This is the response received from the support team:

"Hello,

Thank you for your patience please accept my apologies for the frustration that we might have caused.

I have looked into the case and it seems that the situation is caused by an issue that has already been acknowledged by our development team. We are currently working on a fix that will be done by means of an automatic update and won't require any additional action on your end.

I will get back to you with an update regarding the fix as soon as we have one.

Thank you once again and have a nice day ahead!"

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nunzio d'Abbruzzo

Thanks for sharing with us the reply from Bitdefender Consumer Support. :)

• Thank you @Nunzio d'Abbruzzo, well done! 👍️

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Nunzio77

@Gjoksi and @Alexandru_BD thanks! 🙂

@AmieW I suggest you uninstall the version you have and install the free version. Then run all the updates, maybe even waiting a couple of days and chances are you won't see that popup again. 😉

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• Thanks, everyone. I'll try the fixes you've described.

• Nunzio77

Let us know, I'm curious to see if you've solved it. 😉

Nunzio ·