Fake free protection expired warning.

Today this warning appeared to me informing me that my subscription to Bitdefender Free has expired .... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

But why do you use these marketing techniques to fool your users and switch to the paid version ??? !!! 🀨

My Bitdefender Free is still fully active ...😏

I didn't think you would start these popups too ...πŸ˜”πŸ˜•

If a user decides to upgrade to the paid version he either does or doesn't without the need for these threatening popups ...πŸ˜‰

Nunzio Β·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

Comments

• This pop up appeared again today having Bitdefender Free working correctly ...

Solution, I uninstalled Bitdefender Free and installed Avast Free ... maybe its pop ups are less annoying and repetitive ...

I tried to go back to Bitdefender but I found problems that I thought were not there even if I gave up some protection features compared to the free competition ... but I went back to the competition.

Nunzio Β·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited September 2022

Which is a shame. Ever since the "discontinuation" of the free version to the reintroduction of the new and improved version, you were a sole contributor for helps, observations, and evenly righty so, critiques. Maybe one day you will try it again, as I enjoy you and your posts here :) Be sure to help and post here whenever and wherever you want, don't totally leave us :)

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Thanks very much @Scott,

I really appreciate what you wrote and the time you dedicated to it. πŸ™‚

I am also very sorry to leave this community and the free Bitdefender product which I believe to be excellent in terms of protection. πŸ˜₯

Only now these popups continue telling me that the free protection has expired and my PC is in danger, but when the free protection is active and working properly, it is very frustrating.

Besides, I have not had feedback on how to fix this problem which is a bug or if it is not, it is a bad marketing campaign to switch to the paid product.

I always want to stay with an AV Free that is sufficient to protect my PC and my data, my PC is not of the latest generation, but apart from the small (in my opinion solvable) performance problems of Bitdefender Free, it does not create big problems for me. problems. But now I don't like these continuous popups.

I would also be willing to come back tomorrow with Bitdefender Free, but I don't want to keep seeing these popups every day after a while I turn on the PC.

I would certainly continue to collaborate in this community for I would like to have Bitdefender Free that protects me without too many hassles.

Nunzio Β·

• I also add that it is a shame because Bitdefender thus loses users who, using the free version, still contribute to improving even the paid versions. The purpose of a cybersecurity company to spread the free version is this ... invest resources for a product that helps improve the paid versions because with the good and reliable free version it certainly increases its customer base. I think I've made the concept clear.

Nunzio Β·

• Hello @Nunzio d'Abbruzzo,

First, please accept my apologies for this inconvenience. Obviously, your free license will not expire. This is a known issue that has already been addressed by the development teams and they confirmed a fix has been deployed. However, being a rolled out update, the fix has not yet reached the entire userbase. Furthermore, based on your experience and IF the latest version already reached your device, but the pop-up is still present, it's possible that it may require more work. This is what we are trying to find out today, but we need your help.

Have you updated to 26.0.27.90? May I kindly ask you to uninstall the other AV and reinstall the Bitdefender free version later on today? I am discussing this with our engineers as we speak and they are conducting some tests to see if we can still reproduce this behavior in the testing environment, even after the update. Initial tests did not reveal this concern. I will get back to you with further updates.

Don't go anywhere just yet πŸ˜‰

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cheers

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Nunzio77
    Nunzio77 mod
    edited September 2022

Ciao @Alexandru_BD ,

Stavo usando la versione 26.0.27.90 e il problema si Γ¨ verificato due volte con questa versione giΓ  installata.

Oggi lavoro e quindi oggi non riesco a disinstallare piΓΉ AV e reinstallare BD Free. Tuttavia mi infastidisce disinstallare e reinstallare l'AV ripristinandoli di nuovo, preferirei farlo di nuovo se il problema viene risolto.

Fammi sapere quando il problema Γ¨ ufficialmente risolto, insieme agli altri menzionati.

Nunzio Β·

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alexandru_BD

Sadly, @Nunzio d'Abbruzzo has just left the Orhideea Towers.

• Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• @Nunzio d'Abbruzzo I cannot pronounce myself in regards to the other observations at this stage, as I am awaiting more insight from the development teams. However, for this specific notification I do have some news, but first I need to thank you for reporting this, because today's tests revealed that this is indeed a bug unrelated to the previous notification behavior, that has been corrected in the version 26.0.27.90.

With your help, the engineers have managed to identify the root cause and they've started the proceedings to fix this. As soon as I receive updates, I will let you know.

Regards

• Nunzio Β·

• Gjoksi

@Alexandru_BD

Well, @Nunzio d'Abbruzzo AKA The Italian Bug Hunter should be somehow rewarded for helping the engineers.

We both know that he helped a lot to the engineers for the development of the Bitdefender Free Antivirus program, by discovering bugs in the program.

Just saying.

Regards.

• Thank you @Gjoksi ,

you are right and I thank you for the consideration. πŸ™‚ πŸ”

I am a cybersecurity enthusiast and I appreciate and have always appreciated Bitdefender products and if I can give my simple contribution to improve them I am happy. 😎

Nunzio Β·

• Hi all,

I finally decided to uninstall competitor AV Free and reinstall BD Free. πŸ˜ƒ

I give Bitdefender a chance again ... 😎

I am happy to be part of this community and thanks to everyone for their consideration and welcome. πŸ™

I will continue to use BD Free hoping it will not disappoint me, providing any improvement contributions I have. βœοΈπŸ™‚πŸ˜‰

P.S. @Alexandru_BD the details of the new release are still missing: 26.0.27.90 πŸ˜…πŸ˜

Nunzio Β·

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
  • Hello to @Alexandru_BD

same problem occurred on my sister's PC in which she has version 26.0.25.86, the Bitdefender Free expired popup appeared.

I tried to update Bitdefender Free but the virus definitions have been updated but the version has always remained the same.

Because? πŸ™„

To me, however, with the version 26.0.27.90 until now it has not appeared anymore. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜€

Nunzio Β·

Good to hear you are back onboard! πŸ‘οΈ

How was the free competitor product? Care to share insights? πŸ˜„

In regards to the update, the rollout for 26.0.27.90 is still running, so it's possible that it did not reach your sister's PC yet. I can see that the development has been done for the expired subscription pop-up fix, so that was really fast, considering that we have opened the task just yesterday. So you are not getting that notification anymore?

Cheers

• Thank you! πŸ˜ƒ

However, the cloud product of the competition is not bad and honestly has some more tools than BD Free, which I hope will also be added in BD Free, ransoware protection and some tools such as USB drive analysis and secure search, which in BD Free still are not made functional, even if available (bug to be solved). πŸ˜‰

Last night on my PC I reinstalled BD Free and after a few minutes it updated to version 26.0.27.90. Both last night and this morning on my PC no longer appeared that popup, so it seems solved. I'll see what happens in the next few days. πŸ˜ƒ

Nunzio Β·

• @Alexandru_BD On my sister's PC I had to uninstall and reinstall Bitdefender Free and after reinstalling it, the pop-up appeared again the next day.Β 

Find a permanent solution to solve the problem.Β 

Thank you. πŸ™‚πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

Nunzio Β·

• Hi @Nunzio d'Abbruzzo,

Could you please send me a PM with the e-mail address associated with the Central account and a screenshot of the expiration pop-up message, when it appears? I will ask our developers to investigate further.

Cheers

• Does this popup keep appearing only for me both on my PC with the Plus version and on my sister's with the free version?

The thing I noticed is that it appears for a few days after an update to new released versions.

Nunzio Β·

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited December 2022

Hello @Nunzio d'Abbruzzo and thank you for following up on this topic.

The fix has not reached the userbase yet. The solution has been developed in an internal build and it's expected to be deployed with the next update. The update is scheduled to start at the end of December and will continue in January, but this forecast is not final, as it's dependant on several factors. If the release goes smoothly, everyone should get it by the end of January. If not, we'll ask for updates then and see what's next.

Regards

• Hi @Alexandru_BD if it helps, i uninstalled Bitdefender Plus the day before yesterday, then reinstalled it this morning and in the evening the popup appeared saying my Bitdefender Plus is expired and my PC is at risk...

Nunzio Β·

• Hi @Nunzio d'Abbruzzo,

This will be fixed once the update is deployed to all users. A resolution has been found and it's in the pipeline, we are just waiting for the build to be released in a rollout starting this month. Thank you for providing us with the insight, the fix should address the notification behaviour in the uninstall scenario as well.

Cheers

• Nunzio Β·

• @Alexandru_BD even after the last update always the usual pop up...

Nunzio Β·

• Hi @Nunzio d'Abbruzzo,

What is the version displayed in the Antivirus Free product?

Regards

• Hi @Alexandru_BD,

V. 26.0.32.116

Nunzio Β·

A new build 27.0.1.13 will soon follow and this will contain the fix. It has reached 4k users so far, so it's still rolling out. Once it arrives, let us know if the pop-up disappears for good.

Regards

• Nunzio Β·

• Gjoksi

@Alexandru_BD said:

A new build 27.0.1.13 will soon follow and this will contain the fix. It has reached 4k users so far ...

And i'm not one of them. Unbelievable.

• I think that, since you've reinstalled Bitdefender recently, you didn't keep your previous position in the queue, meaning you are now in a different rollout batch. This would be the only explanation I can find, as you were usually getting the updates first hand..

I haven't seen that movie btw.

• Gjoksi

@Alexandru_BD

Well, you work for Bitdefender, you can ask your colleague(s) to get me back to the previous rollout batch! πŸ˜‚

• You were probably randomly assigned on ring2 and stayed there until the reinstall. From what I understand, this cannot be reverted..

• dvsls
    dvsls ✭✭

A fix was delivered to all market, do you still have this problem using the latest version of Bitdefender (after update)?

• I think the update is still rolling out, but yes, please do let us know @Nunzio d'Abbruzzo if you are still getting this pop-up after receiving the latest build.

Cheers