Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Right click Bitdefender > Scan with Bitdefender > nothing happens

Options

Hi,

I don't understand why when I right click a file in Windows Explorer and select the Scan with Bitdefender option in the right click context menu, nothing happens.

With Avast (what I was using before), and I believe even with Windows Defender, a window would popup and say the file has no threats/etc.

Is Bitdefender doing anything when I right click to scan a single file, because right now it doesn't seem to be doing anything. It looks like I can only do quick or system scans which scans many parts of the computer when I would like to scan individual files.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, would appreciate if someone can clarify this.

Best Answer

Answers

• Thanks, before I do a full reinstall of Bitdefender, can you please confirm if something is suppose to pop up via the right click context menu? I used the Widigit and that appears to work

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited December 2022
    Options

When doing a contextual scan, a customized sanning window opens that shows the scanning progress.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Bitdefender is working properly on my desktop, but not my laptop. I have followed all your instructions to the best of my ability.

I can't delete Readyboot folder in prefetch, and there is also 1 key I was not able to delete in safe mode.

• I generated logs and will send them via email

• After following the instructions, it only works off the desktop folder

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

ReadyBoot folder in prefetch folder will not get deleted. Apart from this since you have now generated the logs and sent them to the support team kindly wait for a reply from them.

Regards 

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)