Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Difference in Bitdefender on different devices

Options

I added my partner to my account sometime ago but hers is different ie hasn’t Web protection???

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited January 2023
    Options

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hi, We purchased Bitdefender when we had a lap top. Now that it is deceased we just have 2 I Pads and 2 apple phones. On my I Pad I have VPN and Web protection but my partner only has VPN. I don’t understand why but am wondering if we need to get another Lap top or should I re download her device to get Web protection. I understand now that you can only have VPN or web protection on but not both. I am wanting to secure our banking better so want to use the VPN for banking then switch over to Web protection for general internet use. Is this how you do it? I hope this makes sense, I am not very proficient with computers.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited January 2023
    Options

As far as I have understood you will have to first remove the old laptop from your online bitdefender central account. Have a look at below stated link on how to remove a device from online bitdefender central account.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2795/

Further you can move forward and reinstall the protection on the other device.

I hope this should help. More information can be provided by @Alexandru_BD or @Mike_BD after checking the number of devices that your subscription can hold.

Reards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hello @John whitla,

I'm seeing 5 devices covered in your Central account in total, but I can't see exactly what operates on which, as such details are not available to us. From the available information, you have 3 iPads and 2 iPhones protected by your Total Security subscription.

First, make sure there is no device duplication in the account. You can check what devices are protected by the solution by accessing the My Devices tab in Central.

Going forward, you are correct to assume that Web Protection and VPN cannot be used at the same time, since both require VPN permissions on the device and the features are designed for different purposes.

In the event Web Protection is disabled for one of the mobile devices, you will get the "At risk" message in Central:

See if the information is updated once you activate Web Protection on that iOS device.

Also, make sure that Mobile Security on that iOS device is synchronized with your Central account. Because if they have the free version, this will not include Web Protection. To check this, access the Bitdefender app on the device and go to "My Account". The Central email address will be visible there and this way, you will know for sure that the device is linked to your account and should have the Web Protection feature available to use.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user