Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare II (2022) FPS Drops With Advanced Threat Defense. Any Help?

Options

In Call of Duty Modern Warfare II we see low FPS since the latest update.

If you add the game to the exceptions of Advanced Threat Defense, the problems go away and the game is as smooth as it was a week ago.

see multiple reddit entries on the issue as well.

Best Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

This is a known issue and bitdefender developers are working on this. Current resolution is to set the file as an exception.

Look at the below stated similar link and the resolution provided by bitdefender forum admin @Alexandru_BD

https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/95133/new-bitdefender-update-affecting-games-any-help

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@ThisIsMachine thank you for joining the conversation here and I'm really sorry to hear that.

We really didn't know about this behaviour until it was reported on the forum by one of our members who referred to a reddit thread in his post. I saw a pattern emerging and got in touch with our engineers and development teams as soon as it was clear to me that something was going on. The community helped us a lot here and we've managed to gather crucial information from the affected users to find the root cause and it has been acknowledged that the FPS drop is related to the ATD module.

Surely, other users will find this thread helpful and a workaround is available, until the teams can sort this out.

UPDATE: This is fixed since last evening, confirmed for Call of Duty and Wildhearts.

May I kindly ask you to test the game with ATD enabled and let us know your findings?

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue

and create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log file you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log file will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

• jeracom
    Options

I have the same problem! If I turn off "Advanced Threat Defense" I have double the FPS in COD MW2! Folder exceptions are obviously not taken!

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @jeracom,

Disabling Advanced Threat Defense can be a good workaround until the situation is resolved, but if you wish to set an exception and keep this module enabled, please note that only .EXE file types can be added to the exception list. Other file types or folders cannot be excluded, as Advanced Threat Defense only monitors running .EXE processes.

Regards

• I just want to say that this hiccup led to me loosing a boat load of hours chasing it down. I don't get how you guys couldnt have your marketing team kick out a warning to your users. You pushed out a patch that bricked one of the most popular games and the only place its being aknowlaged is in here and I just dont think most users would dive this far...or would be inclined to just blame infinity ward.

Basically I'm saying that I think you guys can do better.

• CoDgerry
    Options

Yes sir!

I can confirm that the performance is back to normal. 👍️ (in my testing even a bit better than before!)

I have deleted all exceptions, started the game and used the ingame benchmark to confirm that.

THANK YOU!! 

🤩

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

• Aliyaaii
    Aliyaaii Aliyaaii
    Options

Hello

It appears that "Advanced Threat Defense" is causing performance issues in COD MW2 for many users, and adding folder exceptions isn't providing a solution.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Aliyaaii

Hello.

Follow the steps from this article:

Important!

Only .EXE file types can be added to the exception list. The extension .exe stands for “executable”, the file that opens an app. Other file types or folders cannot be excluded as Advanced Threat Defense only monitors running .EXE processes.

Regards.