Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't find any results of recent full system scan which was interrupted by Windows Update

Options

I did a full system scan that was still running after 15 hours last time I checked (last night). At that time there were over 90 resolved items.

I think the scan was taking so long because it was apparently scanning everything I have up on Google Cloud.

This morning I see that Windows 10 automatically updated and restarted while I was asleep. The scan is no longer running and there isn't any way I can find out what the results of the scan were or what the resolved items were. I don't even see any trace of evidence that a scan was performed.

I don't see anything recent in quarrantine, I'm not finding any logs relating to this scan anywhere.

How do I find out what the 90 "resolved issues" during this 15+ hour scan were?

Surely there must be some record of what Bitdefender did during this scan, isn't there?

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited July 2023
    Options

Well in that case the only option left would be if generating logs can show the items that were resolved or quarantined.

Generate bitdefender BDsysLog: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1922/

Generate bitdefender support tool logs: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/

Generate bitdefender connectivity logs: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/9689/

Share the logs & your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

If the generated logs are larger in size, you can upload the logs to google drive or we.tl (7days link validity for free users) or ask the support team to provide you with the online link & password of bitdefender cloud where you can upload the logs and share the upload link with the support team.

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Sillypsybin,

See if this article helps:

Look in C:\ProgramData as described at point 7, if there isn't anything there, then it's most probably lost.

Was this your first full system scan? The speed of a System Scan depends on many factors such as system specifications, large volumes of data, the computer resources in use by another software, it’s the first scan since installing Bitdefender, and most importantly, the number of archives & over-compressed files/backups. With every system scan, Bitdefender will index the files that have already been scanned, and the scan time will greatly decrease.

To speed up a System Scan, if system resources are not a concern, the following solution may be considered: run the scan in high priority mode. This will instruct Bitdefender to compete for system resources on equal terms to other programs and decrease the time needed for the scan process to finish. Check the below article for more information:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Sillypsybin
    edited July 2023
    Options

Nothing recent in C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\Desktop\Profiles\Logs\system\

If the log is missing, does that mean no changes (the 90 "resolved" issues that the in-progress scan indicated the last time I looked at it) were made to my computer?

Or were changes made to my PC, but the record is now lost, so I have no way of finding out what changes were made? If that's the case, I cry foul.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

I think the best thing you can do is to run the system scan again in high priority mode and see what it reveals...

• That's not a great answer, but I'll do it.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

You can still ask the Support teams to further advise. I know it's not the answer you were looking for, but this is as far as we could help here on the forum..

Regards