Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi, I am using the Bitdefender free edition and would like to know where .......

Options

Hi, I am using the Bitdefender free edition and would like to know where can I see the threats found after the analysis and if Bidefender does eliminate them without asking . Other Protection software include some kind of quarantine section where you can see what the analisis found.

Thanks in advance

Answers

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    Options

Hi @TEEHDRV

One of our members here, @Nunzio77, is more familiar with the free version and should be able to give you some insight into your questions.

Regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited August 2023
    Options

The process is same for both paid and free version. There is no difference.

To see the threats found after the analysis in Bitdefender Free Edition, you can go to Virus & Threat Protection > Scan > History. This will show you a list of all the scans you have run, as well as any threats that were found. You can click on a threat to see more information about it, such as its type, location, and whether it was quarantined or removed.

Bitdefender Free Edition does not automatically eliminate threats without asking. If a threat is found, you will be shown a notification and given the option to quarantine or remove it. If you choose to quarantine the threat, it will be moved to a safe location where it cannot harm your computer. If you choose to remove the threat, it will be deleted from your computer.

You can also access the quarantine section in Bitdefender Free Edition by going to Virus & Threat Protection > Quarantine. This will show you a list of all the threats that have been quarantined. You can click on a threat to see more information about it, such as its type, location, and when it was quarantined. You can also choose to restore or delete a quarantined threat from here.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Nunzio77
    Nunzio77 Defender of the month mod
    Options

@Flex anticipated me, however what he indicated is correct, except on the last point.

In fact from my experience when it finds a running threat it blocks it and automatically quarantines it.

Only for on-demand scans then you have to choose what to do with the malware found. So I think this behavior doesn't change from free to paid version.

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security