Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Scan showed (item was not found) in skipped files log

Options

Hi,

I got a new computer and there was downloaded a few pieces of software like MSI Afterburner, Furmark etc. before I got it by the guy I bought the pc from and so I wanted to run system scan right away, because i can't be sure about sites he downloaded it from.

I understand the amount of password protected files from for example Samsung Magician or EXPERTool softwares, as those developers are trying to protect sensitive files so me or someone else won't mess something up and that's why I don't have password to scan them even with contextual scan, but i saw on the bottom of log two files that got (item was not found) instead of (file was password protected).

What does it mean please? How is it possible that files was found and listed by scanning but can't be scanned by that scan because they was not found? I'm sorry if it sound stupid but it's a little bit scary for me.

And lastly sorry for my english if I messed up somewhere and for censoring some numbers of that files, as I really don't know what they are and if they are sensitive or not.

I will be really thankful for all the info.

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Alternatively, you can also share your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Provesky
    Options

Heya, Have you contacted and heard anything back from support about this?

I have these exact 2 showing up in my skipped item list aswell, pretty much since end June. I made a post on this forum about it earlier with no results.

• KakariKatho
    Options

Thanks a lot! I tried that e-mail right away without hesitation, will post any info in here so everyone can find it later.

Have a nice day!

• KakariKatho
    Options

Hii, yea I sent a e-mail but it's weekend right know so I think they will get to it on tuesday, maybe monday if we are lucky. I will let you know for sure everything i'll learn about it :)

Until then I decided to use my pc less until I'm not sure it's okay and safe.

• KakariKatho
    Options

Hi, so I contacted them and they replied right away at monday. They told me about these files, they are from Windows indeed but i asked them if there's a chance they was replaced by hackers with intentions to boot to my pc, as that files are used for booting pc and that's the reason they was not correctly located and scan was not able to find them.

They asked me to create something called "BDSYS log" and send it to them so they can submit it to research lab.

I will contact you again as soon as they will send me any resolutions, what i think can take a while but their support is really active and they are trying to help, what is awesome to see!

They suggested contacting Microsoft support too to get even more informations about that files but I didn't had time to get to it because my days are really busy this week :/

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited August 2023
    Options

Kindly share all of the below stated logs with bitdefender support

Generate bitdefender BDsysLog: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1922/

Generate bitdefender support tool logs: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/

Generate bitdefender connectivity logs: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/9689/

If the generated logs are larger in size, you can upload the logs to google drive or we.tl (7days link validity for free users) or ask the support team to provide you with the online link & password of bitdefender cloud where you can upload the logs and share the upload link with the support team.

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Provesky
    Options

Hey, has there been any new developments or results around this? Ive looked online again a few times but keep coming up short.

I somehow have a doubt it can be anything malicious cause its not detected by anything else, I've also not done anything that could result in infection (So if it is malicious, it was infected without user control) and have not noticed anything on my PC that give signs of infections. Plus I have this pretty much nearing 2months now or longer if it started earlier without my knowledge. So if it is something malicious a lot more people who dont even have Bitdefender would've fallen prey to it.

• Hi!

Sorry I was on holidays.. Yea I got message from Bitdefender that I should mount EFI partition with typing mountvol b: /S into terminal but than i need to kill explorer.exe and start it again but with administrator privilages.. After that we can find those files at the location what scan showed and scan them by ourselves.. I'm a little bit scared to do things i don't know nothing about but it's the only way to be sure, so I will try and report back.

But.. as you mentioned, probably it's not malicious and it only can't be accesed because of locked EFI partition or something.

• Hi, I have just come across the same issue on full scan and after reading all comments above have now e-mailed support with a BDsyslog, BDsupportlog and BDconnections log attached, thanks.

I will let you know what they advise me.

Cheers.