Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cannot update GravityZone Endpoint Security Tools

Options
tl2023
edited August 2023 in Enterprise Security

Hello, I am trying out GravityZone Business Security for my Ubuntu 22.04 machine, I followed the installation instructions and I have it running and functional on the device. The only problem I have is I cannot seem to update the software. Any idea how I can get it to work given the following details?

When I run "bd status" I see that bdsec-arrakis.service is not running:

* bdsec-arrakis.service - Bitdefender Security Tools Update Service

Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/bdsec-arrakis.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)

Active: inactive (dead)

When I run "/opt/bitdefender-security-tools/bin/bduitool update -ps" I see the following in bduitool.log:

debug: BDUITOOL::: getJsonOutputFromResponseForName: Found desired output: {"@name":"GetStatus","error":0,"output":{"AutomaticUpdateForProduct":true,"AutomaticUpdateForSignatures":true,"Features":[{"enabled":true,"id":"AntiExploit","isFunctioning":true,"registrationStatus":"registered"},{"enabled":true,"id":"AntivirusScan","registrationStatus":"registered","scanMode":{"current":5,"requested":5},"scanType":"full"},{"enabled":true,"heuristics":false,"id":"FileScan.OnAccess","isFunctioning":true,"registrationStatus":"registered"},{"enabled":true,"id":"NetDefender"},{"dependencies":["NetDefender"],"enabled":true,"id":"NetworkMonitor","isFunctioning":false,"registrationStatus":"registered"},{"enabled":false,"id":"Product.EnhancedContext","registrationStatus":"expired"},{"enabled":false,"id":"VulnerabilityAssessment","registrationStatus":"registered"}],"LastCheckTime":0,"LastUpdateTime":0,"Locations":{"Antivirus":{"SignaturesNumber":13588386,"Version":"7.95170","check":{"error":0,"host":"","lastSucceededTime":0,"time":0},"update":{"error":0,"host":"https://update-cloud.2d585.cdn.bitdefender.net","lastSucceededTime":1692829157,"time":1692829157},"updateAvailable":{"status":"no","time":0}},"Product":{"Version":"7.0.3.2239","check":{"error":6,"host":"http://update.cloud.2d585.cdn.bitdefender.net","lastSucceededTime":1692829003,"time":1692829515},"install":{"error":6,"lastSucceededTime":1692829133,"time":1692829515},"update":{"error":6,"host":"http://update.cloud.2d585.cdn.bitdefender.net","lastSucceededTime":1692829133,"time":1692829515},"updateAvailable":{"status":"no","time":1692829515}}},"PendingRestart":false,"RestartReasons":[],"SystemInformation":{"instanceIdAzure":"","instanceIdEC2":"","isSlowMachine":false,"isVM":false}}}

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Since you need help with business product, @Alex_Dr or @Andra_B (they both provide support for business products) could take a look here and help you with the issue.

Also, you can always contact the Bitdefender business support:

Regards.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

The bdsec-arrakis.service is a systemd service that is responsible for updating GravityZone Business Security. It is disabled by default, so you need to enable it and start it manually.

To do this, run the following commands:

sudo systemctl enable bdsec-arrakis

sudo systemctl start bdsec-arrakis

Once the service is enabled and started, you should be able to update GravityZone Business Security by running the following command:

sudo bd update

If you are still having trouble updating GravityZone Business Security, you can contact Bitdefender support for assistance as @Gjoksi quoted in above post.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)