Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

I can't connect to googleleadservices.com

Options

When I click on a sponsored ad on googleleadeservices I get this message....This site can’t be reached

www.googleadservices.com refused to connect.Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I've looked everywhere..firewalls, etc. Never had a problem until installing Bitdefender.

I use Chrome for a browser.

I need assistance, please and thanks.

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Mozilla Firefox 117.0 (64-bit):

I think that your best option is to contact Google:

and/or Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

I get the same error as @Gjoksi:

I don't think it's related to Bitdefender.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

The website is non existing and not an original google website. It was an adware website that was taken down.

Kindly have a look at below stated link

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-google-lead-services-malware-virus-removal-guide/

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    Options

In this case, it appears to be different, in that there is no option to "allow" to continue and to advance to the website?

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

It's because the website has been taken down and hence it will not ask for any permission from the browser.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    Options
  • Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@John Hawes

Hello again.

Are you talking about "googleleadservices.com" or "googleadservices"?

In the discussion's title you wrote "googleleadservices.com", but in the discussion's text you wrote "www.googleadservices.com".

So, which is it?

Regards.

• Does it make a difference? The spelling "googleadservices.com" is the same, whether using "lead" OR "ad". Because it is a Google site, I am inclined to believe it is "AD". From what I have found out, Google tracks all connections where purchases may be involved.

• To continue: When I turn off the VPN, then click the Google reconnect button, I am then able to turn the VPN back on at this point. What I DON'T know is if this does any good or not. Is Google still tracking me?

Example: If I attempt to reach Amazon.com, GoogleAdServices.com prevents me from connecting. I turn off my VPN. I then retry connecting to Amazon.com. It connects. I then turn the VPN back on.

Did I actually do myself any good by doing this?

• Hello,

Does the VPN remain connected once you enable it? Something may prevent the respective page from being displayed properly and the general rule is that if you can't access the page with the VPN ON, and whenever you disconnect it the page loads fine, it has to do with the VPN and that site might be blocking a VPN connection. In this case, there are a few remediation steps you can try, as shown in the article below:

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• One purpose of using Bitdefender is to avoid the tracking of googleadsservice and doubleclick.

what you’re seeing is the result of “sponsored ads” and the tracking that companies want to see as a result of their sponsorship.

just scroll down the results and find a result that ISN’T sponsored and you’ll be fine. No additional tracking, websites that work, and a VPN that’s doing the job you paid for.

• hmle
    Options

I fixed this exact problem with "www.googleadservices.com refused to connect" by allowing www.googleadservices.com to show ads & use trackers (settings in VPN app under Privacy>Ad blocker and Anti-tracker) because that is what it wants but blocked by Bitdefender VPN app.

I did the same thing for specific sites that I find their information is useful to allow them to stay in business to provide the services. For example, most recently MSNBC News and BBC demanded that I support their sponsors' ads or they would not let me continue. So, I added both in my whitelist for ads & anti-trackers exception within Bitdefender>VPN app.. and everything goes smoothly.

Hope this info helps.