Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Why does Bitdefender say I need to scan a new app when I haven't installed one?

Options

I haven't installed a new app in my phone in now than a month (except the uninstall/reinstall the buggy BD app), and just this week BD says I need to scan a newly installed app at least once a day. Does anyone know what's happening or how to fix it?

Answers

• Same problem here. Running on Pixel 7A. I can't say if it started when I upgraded to Android 14 or before. I get the message about once a day.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

You should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

Select: How to's & Troubleshooting Bitdefender products -> Troubleshooting -> Bitdefender Mobile Security, click on Contact Support in the black box and then click on Chat 24/7.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Regards.

• 21Rouge
    21Rouge ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I have the same issue.

(It does seem related to the Android 14 update as all was good prior, with BD app version 3.3.217.2325 but still with the most recent update (3.3.217.2329) (post Android 14) the ERROR still occurs...daily.)

I did reach out to support a few days go via chat.

Last night I was told, via email to remove and then reinstall BD on the device.

I guess I will try that today.

• Gjl
    Options

Nothing to do with Android 14. I never upgraded and I am also getting this annoying message daily. I'd be surprised if reinstalling the software will work. It's a typical suggestion from low level support who don't have an answer.

• Just wanted to comment that this issue still exists. Hopefully the fix mentioned by 21Rouge comes soon.

• I'm having the same issue on my new Pixel 8 with Android 14. I never had this on my Pixel 5. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it didn't fix the issue. This is a daily occurrence.

• Bei mir selbe Tägliche Meldung. Da es scheinbar an der richtigen Stelle bekannt ist wird es ja hoffentlich bald behoben.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

There is an ongoing investigation regarding this behavior and the developers have reproduction on Pixel 6 and 7 as well with Android 14 on different Mobile Security versions, 3.3.217.2322 and 3.3.217.2325. We are looking forward to a resolution.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I am also having this issue on my Pixel 5. Running Android 14

• 21Rouge
    Options

And this behaviour still exists with most recent version 3.3.221.2343 that updated for me yesterday.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hello,

Yesterday version 3.3.222.2346 was released for Android and it contains a couple of fixes, kindly check if the issue persists after updating the app. If the new build doesn't fix the behavior, then this means another hotfix will soon follow.

Regards

• 21Rouge
    21Rouge ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hello Alexandru_BD. I did install 3.3.222.2346 yesterday and so I was surprised to see what appears to be the same issue existing this morning :(

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @21Rouge and thank you for your feedback.

The development teams are still investigating.

Regards

• Hello

I am on Android 10 and the problem is still there after yesterday update. It's very annoying

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

Yeah, we know it's still there and the developers are making continuous efforts to resolve this in good time. It has been observed that ater performing a scan (by pressing "Start Scan"), the notification disappears. Does this happen for you?

Regards

• 21Rouge
    Options

Yes. Once I select "Start Scan", the notification disappears (until the next day).

• Same here on a Pixel 3A, Android 12, BD App version 3.3.222.2346

• aglaza
    edited November 2023
    Options

I have a Pixel 6, android 14 and I see the message once a day. After I scan it's gone for roughly 24hrs

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

I guess @agozob can provide more insight on this.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• KV
    Options

Also happening on my Pixel 3a with Android 12.

• November 12 - pixel 8 pro android 14 - still doing it daily...

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@agozob Any news on a fix for the issue? Thanks.

• RetepH
    Options

Same here on a Nokia 6.2, Android 11, BD App version 3.3.222.2346.

• MT999
    Options

Oh dear here we go again. Same here on Pixel 7 android 14 beta, wanting to scan App I have just installed (not).

BD also has ongoing issues with Password Manager on Pixel phones.

Wouldnt you think BD would be ahead of the game??

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

A fix was recently attempted and by the looks of it, there is actually still work to be done on this bug. The problem is within the app/UX, not the detection engine, so it's not agozob's speciality @Flexx. 😔

I'm keeping an eye on the investigation and as soon as I have news, I'll post an update here.

I want to thank everyone for your patience, bear with us just a little bit longer as the developers will eventually get to the bottom of this.

Regards,

Alex

• All problems on my phone (new app scan and scan alert on but not showing on) have seemed to stop.

Big thanks to the developers

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hello,

Just following up on this topic to confirm the issue has been resolved via an automated update:

Regards