Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender RAM Usage Gradually Increases

Options

Apparently this issue has been around for quite some time. It's getting worse day by day and has gotten to a point that bdservicehost Ram usage reaches up to 40GB (Out of 64GB RAM) and either my computer crashes or BD itself!

It seems that BD Support doesn't intend to do anything regarding this issue.

I've been using BD for many years (Right now, I'm using 15 devices family pack and my subscription is active till 2026), but I guess it's time to say goodbye to BD for good and switch to another security suit!

Any suggestions on a possible resolution or an alternative AV?

Tagged:

Comments

• Moldoveanu Marius
    Moldoveanu Marius Senior QA Engineer ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

can you tell us your bitdefender product version and on what operating system you are?

Thank you.

• Moldoveanu Marius
    Moldoveanu Marius Senior QA Engineer ✭✭✭
    Options

A product update is being pushed that hopefully will resolve this issue (27.0.25.115), please wait for the update to propagate (hopefully until Friday) and repost to this thread if the issue is or is not fixed. Thank you.

• sarofski
    Options

Updates to version 27.0.25.115 two days ago.

Everything was fine for the first day. But it started to show the same pattern again today. Although so far, it's not as aggressive as before. The RAM usage went up to 4GB in a period of 18hrs. Right before the update, it went up to 52GB in an 18hr period.

So there's definitely improvements, but the issue is not fully resolved for sure!

• Nunzio77
    Nunzio77 Defender of the month mod
    Options

With the new version of Bitdefender Home I have not noticed any improvements in RAM usage which at "rest" stabilizes at around 250/300 Mb and in some cases rises up to around 400 Mb.

Can't you reduce it like other AVs do? This is especially true for those who do not have the latest generation PCs with high RAM.

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @Nunzio77,

The normal memory usage for bdservicehost is around 500 MB. Therefore, there is no cause for concern if you observe memory consumption within this typical range for Bitdefender’s operations.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Nunzio77
    Nunzio77 Defender of the month mod
    Options

Ok @Alexandru_BD thanks a lot! 😀😉

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security