Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Mobile scan

Options

I have installed Bitdeffender on my Windows Laptop. Can I attach mobile and scan it?

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

As far as I know, you cannot scan the phone memory via Windows antimalware, but you should be able to scan the Micro SD Card if you have one placed in your mobile phone.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• rivolu
    rivolu Mobile scan
    Options

I have launched the mobile scan on my phone to check all my apps, but it never finishes: it usually gets stuck at 60 out of 115 apps. Is there a way to get it to the end? Thanks for any support!

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

@rivolu ,

Welcome to the Bitdefender Forums!

You should have opened your own topic since your issue does not relate to the original posted question.

It would be helpful if you would provide the make and model of your phone. Is there a specific app on which BD gets "stuck?"

Has BD Mobile Security ever successfully scanned your phone? If so, for how long? For how long has it been failing to scan to completion?

Please help us to help you. Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Flexx
    Options

Here are a few things you can try to get it to complete:

Force Quit and Restart:

• Close the Bitdefender app completely and relaunch it. This can sometimes clear temporary glitches that might be causing the scan to stall.
    • If necessary, restart your phone as well. This can free up resources and potentially resolve the issue.

Check for Updates:

• Make sure you're using the latest version of the Bitdefender app. Outdated versions can sometimes have bugs that cause scanning issues. Check for updates in the app store or on the Bitdefender website.

Scan on a Different Network:

• If you're on a cellular network, try switching to Wi-Fi and vice versa. Sometimes network connectivity issues can affect the scan progress.

If issue persists, kindly contact Bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Based on your selected product and the type of issue you're facing, you can get in touch with a support representative through email, chat, or a phone call.

If you choose email, you will receive a ticket number on your registered email. The support team will reply within the next 24-48 hours, excluding weekends.

Regards

• rivolu
    rivolu Mobile scan
    Options

Thanks for your help, I got the problem done.

Best regards.

Luisa Rivolta

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@rivolu ,

Glad to hear it, Luisa. Would you share the solution so that we all can learn?

Have a great day, and thank you for posting back with the good news.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• rivolu
    rivolu Mobile scan
    Options

Hi Phil,

I followed your suggestion, so I deleted the Bitdefender app, I restarted my mobile then I loaded the app again and the problem was solved.

Thank you for your help again!

Luisa

• Flexx
    Options

Nice to know that your issue has been resolved.

Regards