Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Issue with Android sub upgraded to include Windows device

Options
FRG
FRG
edited December 2023 in Central & Subscriptions

Hi all,

I tried to do a search for this issue, but it seems too specific for the issue that I'm having. Apologies if there is a thread about this. If there is, please direct me to it or I would appreciate your advice.

I originally bought an Android subscription, which I've been pleased with, so I decided to add a Windows sub for my laptop. The issue that I'm having is that when I added the Windows sub, it gave me a trial period, but then it will automatically upgrade me to the 10 device subscription. All I need is the 5 device subscription. Any ideas how I can do this?

I already tried to uninstall the Windows version and install it as the free version, but that didn't work, it is still telling me that I will be upgraded to the 10 device version. BTW: I tried to go to Bitdefender's Support page to contact customer service about this and it just won't load.

Thanks,

Frank G

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @FRG and welcome to the community!

Based on my findings, you currently have a Mobile Security for Android subscription valid until November 2024 and a Bitdefender Total Security trial that will expire in January. Did you enter the new activation code in the Bitdefender Central account for the Total Security license you've purchased? I could not locate an order for Total Security placed on the Bitdefender website, just the Mobile Security purchase. Perhaps you have purchased this from a Bitdefender partner/reseller? Is this the only Central account you have? Please clarify.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• FRG
    Options

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your quick answer. I could very well be confused. I hope that I can explain myself better. As you saw I have a paid license for my Android phone. When I went to buy the Windows license, under my current account, the bitdefender website would default into the 10 devices account. I uninstalled bitdefender for Windows before finalizing the order and reinstalled the free trial version hoping that it would allow me to choose the 5 device license. The install once again defaulted into the 10 device license.

I seem to have discovered how to buy the 5 device license. It looks like if I buy it, while I'm still on the trial version it does allow me to pay for the 5 device sub. Again, I could be confused about the way my account works and the purchase of additional products, but I found the answer I was seeking.

Thanks for your help and apologies for wasting your time!

Frank G

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi Frank,

No time wasted here, we're happy if we could help. 🙂

This is what I can't figure out or don't understand exactly:  "When I went to buy the Windows license, under my current account, the bitdefender website would default into the 10 devices account."

If you have a trial and activate a paid license, the Central account would reflect that. In the event the trial doesn't go away, it can be manually removed so you are left with the paid license and you can find it in Bitdefender Central under the 'My subscriptions' tab, once activated. After activation, make sure Bitdefender is synchronized with the active subscription in Central. To check this, bring up Bitdefender and see if the correct email address is displayed in the top right hand corner of the UI. If not, click on 'Switch account' to re-enter your Central account credentials.

For the record, I'm not seeing a paid Total Security subscription in your Central account yet, so this means that if you already placed a new order, the activation code has not yet been entered.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user