Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Antispam Resetting To Default - Outlook

Options

I'm using Outlook MS Office 365 Family to check my email and for about the last month, Antispam has reset itself to default after every cold boot of any of the computers in my household. I noticed the issue when I got a spam email with Asian characters, a filter setting I turned on. How do I get it to stop doing this? I've had a good experience with Bitdefender, but this is getting annoying.

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

1. Check Bitdefender Settings:

• Open the Bitdefender interface.
    • Navigate to Protection > Antispam.
    • Look for any options related to "Remember user settings" or "Persistent settings." Ensure these are enabled.
    • Check if there's a "Reset to default settings" option and make sure it's not mistakenly set to occur on startup.

2. Repair Outlook Installation:

Sometimes, corrupted Outlook files can cause unexpected behavior. Consider repairing your Outlook installation to ensure everything is functioning properly.

3. Reinstall Bitdefender:

In some cases, a clean reinstall of Bitdefender can resolve persistent configuration issues. Uninstall Bitdefender completely and then download and reinstall the latest version using the official installer.

4. Contact Bitdefender Support:

If the above steps don't work, Kindly contact Bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Based on your selected product and the type of issue you're facing, you can get in touch with a support representative through email, chat, or a phone call.

If you choose email, you will receive a ticket number on your registered email. The support team will reply within the next 24-48 hours, excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @LoneWolf3574 and welcome back to the Community.

This behavior has been acknowledged by the development teams who are working towards a resolution. It has been found that Antispam settings reset after restart or when adding a new spam email in the list. Specifically, the “submit” settings reset to “ask every time”. As soon as the debugging process is over, the product teams will release a new build that will contain the fix for this behavior.

Should you wish to be kept up to date with the evolution of the investigation, you can submit a ticket for the Support teams and they will link your inquiry to the ongoing debug process and follow up with you once it's solved.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards and Happy New Year!

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• @Flexx, sorry for the delayed reply, thank you for the tip, unfortunately, adjusting the settings within Bitdefender Settings has zero impact on the Bitdefender Antispam application in Outlook 365. 😔

@Alexandru_BD, thank you for letting me know about the bug. I'm glad to hear that the development team is working towards a resolution. I seem to keep coming across issues like these when there is a major update with the Windows OS or when some other major software revision causes an issue with Bitdefender such as with ASUS Gamefirst creating a major bottleneck in internet speeds when Bitdefender is running simultaneously.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Thank you for following up @LoneWolf3574 and for sharing your observations with us. Surely, the developers will get to the bottom of this soon.

Best regards and Happy New Year!

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user