Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

VPN on PC showing as "expired" even though many months left on subscription?

Options

Can't connect or change location as my VPN within the Bitdefender app says it has expired, even though my account says I have until next october.

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @wortwort21,

Your Premium VPN is valid until October 2024. Most likely, the app is no longer synchronized with the Central account where the subscription is. To link it back, open the VPN app on the device where it appears as expired and click on the Switch account feature. There, re-enter the account credentials for the Central account where you have activated the VPN subscription and the issue should be solved.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hey,

Already tried this a couple times and while it does then show I have a subscription after re-entering details, the actual VPN still doesn't work and I cannot activate it.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited January 5
    Options

Ok that's a bit weird. Perhaps you could try a fresh reinstall? All Bitdefender apps are easily removable via standard platform specific mechanisms (eg for Windows, go to Programs & Features). Here are the steps:

1. Click the Windows Start menu ⊞ on your taskbar.
    2. Search for APPWIZ.CPL then press Enter on your keyboard.
    3. Select the Bitdefender VPN app in the list of installed programs, then right-click on it.
    4. Next, select “Uninstall.”
    5. If the User Account Control shows up, choose “Yes” to allow the uninstallation.
    6. Click “Uninstall” and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the uninstallation process.

Let us know if the VPN works as expected after reinstalling the app. Here you will find the complete steps to reinstall Bitdefender VPN on Windows:

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user