Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BD failing to protect me at all on dangerous texts

Options

Love Bit Defender on computer ... BUT on my Droid I am being inundated with many dangerous texts with trap links. These are very obvious scam texts with active spy links. Yet BD hasn't caught even one. And there is no 'tool' or 'setting' that I can find to either intensify scanning of texts, or set level of parameters to use ... or to 'train' BD by ringing them to attention of BD.

I have used and been very happy with BD for many years on my computers. Sadly, it seems to be totally useless in protecting attacks via text.

Am I not seeing the settings/tools to deal with this...? Or are there none?

(Samsung Droid/Messages

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @bananabaker and welcome to the Community.

Are you referring to Scam Alert?

Due to Android operating system limitations, Bitdefender cannot delete text messages, take any direct measures related to the SMS messages, or any other source of malicious notifications. If you ignore the Scam Alert warning and try to open the dangerous link, Bitdefender’s Web Protection feature will automatically catch it, preventing your device from becoming infected.

You can find more information on this feature here:

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Got it. Thank you. I was unaware that the Droid system prevents BD from isolating/quarantining texts. From what I understand...? if I do inadvertently open a scam text (i am getting so many all of a sudden) and click on the link within, at that point it is likely that BD can and hopefully will come into action/play ...?

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @bananabaker,

Yes that is correct, in the scenario you have described Bitdefender's Web Protection will detect the malicious content, blocking the page.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user