Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

App lock not working

Options

This is a joke my app lock is not working again. I restart my phone and it works for 5 minutes or less. So much for secue security feeling

Comments

• I'm having the same problem all of a sudden that apparently started over the weekend.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

We have seen a few isolated reports, especially on Xiaomi. AppLock may not work on these devices. Reinstalling the app has no effect, but the feature seems to work if fingerprint is disabled. An investigation was recently opened by the development teams.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• s3bastian
    Options

i've tthe same problem, I've contact support and now i'll wait an answer, it's strange, because not working only on my Galaxy A53, whereas on Galaxy J6, that perfectly works

• Neo7
    Options

I have the same issue with galaxy s23 ultra. Is there a fix?

• Bstmastr
    Options

Same issue here on S23. Any updates?

• Barnesy
    Options

Same issue S21 Ultra, apps 'ticked' can be opened without biometric. Anyone heard a solution?

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

I have observed that sometimes if "use biometrics" is disabled from the BMS settings, App Lock becomes operational again. This behavior is known and currently under investigation.

Another thing to consider, there's an easy method to stop being asked by the App Lock feature to enter the PIN code or fingerprint/biometrics confirmation for the protected apps each time you access them. Try to activate Smart Unlock and check how the app behaves afterwards.

With Smart Unlock you can set as trusted the Wi-Fi networks you usually connect to, and when connected to them, the App Lock blocking settings will be disabled for the protected apps.

To configure the Smart Unlock feature, follow these steps:

1. Tap 'More' on the bottom navigation bar.
    2. Tap 'App Lock'.
    3. Tap the switch next to Smart Unlock, if the feature is not yet enabled. Validate using your fingerprint or your PIN. The first time you'll activate the feature, you will need to enable the location permission. Tap the ALLOW button, then tap ALLOW again.
    4. Tap ADD to set the Wi-Fi connection you're currently using as trusted.

Whenever you change your mind, disable the feature and the Wi-Fi networks you have set as trusted will be treated as untrusted.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Bstmastr
    Options

I ended up having to disable smartlock even though there were no wifi connections that were "trusted". That seemed to help.

Hope it helps someone else.

Best

Philip