Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Undeletable File

Options

What is this the purpose of this Bitdefender file and why it cannot be deleted.

file:///C:/Users/Kgam0/AppData/Local/Temp/BDWR_E4AAB8FE-480C-4E51-8D21-9C5C414BF4C5

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

The file is a temporary file created whenever you install any software or run any application. It is not specific to the file you requested, but rather related to every file stored in the temp folder. You can safely delete them manually.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Andy01
    Options

@Flexx.

This file has been created by Bitdefender. I deleted it dozens of times and it keeps coming back in a few seconds again and again. Its undeletable whist Bitdefender is active. I shut my Bitdefender down and it deletes with no problem and does not come back. However, the file comes back immediately when I turn the Bitdefender back on.

I don't understand its purpose. It sounds like I'm the only Bitdefender customer that has this annoying problem.

Thanks

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

My specs:

OS Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x64 With Latest Windows Updates Installed

Installed On 18.01.2023

OS Build 19045.3996

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

BD Total Security 27.0.27.130 is active/running

"Hidden items" is On

So, as you can see from the screenshot, i don't have that Bitdefender file on my device.

So, you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

Select: How to's & Troubleshooting Bitdefender products -> Troubleshooting -> select your Bitdefender product, for example Bitdefender Total Security, click on Contact Support in the black box and then click on Chat 24/7.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Regards.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Sometimes temporary files are created by Bitdefender when updating the signature database or product database, and this occurs with all types of software. You might have noticed that when you clear the temporary files and restart Windows, those temporary files are recreated by Windows. This is not an issue, as all temporary files are safe and do not cause any problems. You can simply ignore them.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Andy01
    Options

Thanks.