Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

LinkedIn Issue

Options

Since installing Bitdefender I am now having issues watching videos on my Linkedin feed page. Initially I see the video then when I scroll down the video disappears and is ghosted, but I can listen to the video audio. I am not experiencing this issue on any of my other social media accounts?

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

I checked this on my end, and all the videos on LinkedIn are playing without any issues.

@Alexandru_BD can you check and confirm if you are experiencing any issues on your end, or is everything working perfectly?

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Lighting Guy and welcome to the Community!

I can view LinkedIN videos with no issues whatsoever. Check again after restarting the device, see if this happens with all browsers and check if the Anti-tracker is enabled. Clear cache & cookies and let us know how it goes. Are you also using a VPN by any chance? If yes, turn it off and try again.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Lighting Guy
    Lighting Guy Business Owner
    Options

Hi Alex, thanks for taking the time to jump in on this thread and help out. Much appreciated! I have followed all of your advice and the issue still persists. As mentioned, when I open my LinkedIn Home page I initially see the image of a video, then it disappears. The screen goes cloudy and the image is ghosted in the background. When I click on the play button I can hear the audio, but I can't see any video. It's really strange. I just had Bitdefender installed a couple of weeks ago and I feel like that's when the issue started. I have no problem viewing videos on other social media platforms, just LinkedIn.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @Lighting Guy,

I have no problem viewing videos on other social media platforms, just LinkedIn. - Sounds like it's a specific issue with this platform. I don't think it's related to the antivirus..

Ensure that your web browser is up to date, as well as any necessary plugins like Adobe Flash Player or HTML5 video player. Outdated software can sometimes cause compatibility issues with certain websites. If you're experiencing the issue on one browser, try accessing LinkedIn using a different browser (e.g., if you're using Chrome, try Firefox or Safari). This can help determine if the problem is specific to your current browser.

Also, temporarily disable any browser extensions or add-ons you have installed, as they could potentially be causing conflicts with LinkedIn's video playback. Make sure your computer's graphics drivers are up to date. Outdated or faulty graphics drivers can sometimes cause issues with video playback. If none of the above solutions work, consider reaching out to LinkedIn support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or identify any known issues affecting video playback on their platform.

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards,

Alex

• Lighting Guy
    Lighting Guy Business Owner
    Options

Hi Alex, thank you so much for all of the advice, I truly appreciate you taking the time to do that for me! I will dig a bit deeper and see if I can resolve the issue. Thanks again!

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

You are most welcome, I hope you will find the culprit soon. 🙂