Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Renewal but not updated on Central!

Options

Hi there,

I admit I think I made a mistake renewing bitdefender premium security...

First, mobile security is painful! Every 2 to 4 days, it's disconnected on android device and has to be reactivated. This problem has been reported more than 2 years ago here and excepting saying "we are working on it", there's not much progress on this issue apparently...

But overall, for the price and reviews, I told myself I would give bitdefender another try....

I renewed the licence (is it necessary to say that i had to unsubscribe to auto renew to benefit the 50% discount and suddenly, this discount was offered to me... what a custom service that make you think you are an important customer... anyway!).

So everything is paid and renewed.. but suddenly, on my 10 allowed device, 6 are not anymore and it says that i have to purchase extra! WTF! And chat is not working, they don't answer onf messenger, the contact form, once filled and submitted redirect me on a blank white page.

So, is it just me?

Fred

Comments

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16
    Options

@FredetChic ,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues. I have two Samsung Android smartphones with Mobile Security, and I have not experienced any connectivity issues, nor have I read about them recently here unless you are referring to the App Anomaly Detection needing to be activated. That is a known issue, and it is under investigation.

@Alexandru_BD , could you take a look? He is the Bitdefender Forum Administrator. He will be back on Monday. He can access your subscription details and find out about the six licenses that are apparently already in use.

Since you have not had success contacting Support, which is very surprising to me, would you be kind enough to wait for the Forum Administrator to reply to this post?

I am sure that your issues can be resolved. Thank you for again choosing Bitdefender as your security solution. I am sorry you have encountered the issues that you are reporting.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• FredetChic
    Options

Hi!

More than often, Bitdefender disable security for whatsoever reason

Last post here about this issue: July 2023

It's good to know issue is underinvestigation but it's more than a year it,s nknown and reporter

May 2022, a solution is given but obviously, not working!

I'll wait a bit to see if a solution is found but not a month...

thanks for the reply!

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@FredetChic ,

Let's wait for @Alexandru_BD to provide his opinion.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @FredetChic and thanks for joining us.

Indeed, the community has been a hotbed of debate concerning the Web protection turning off on Android.

The Web Protection feature was constantly being disabled on some Android phones and tablets, and this still happens for some. Sometimes, even after manually reactivating Web Protection, it turns itself off shortly afterwards.

Because some Android optimization mechanisms are too aggressive and kill useful background apps, Web Protection loses the Accessibility permission required to function properly when the Android system force stops background applications. You can read more about this here:

Battery life and performance optimization features impact most of the apps that run in the background and this has generated a lot of frustration, check out this article:

Of course, the developers are still looking for ways to improve things, but fixing this once and for all is not as simple as it seems, especially when you are facing various OS restrictions and limitations. So, this is not technically a fault in the BMS product, since other apps may also be affected by these battery life and performance optimization features found on Android.

Now back to your initial question. I've noticed you have successfully renewed your protection with a Bitdefender Premium Security subscription and everything looks fine on my end, all slots seem to be occupied. Are you still encountering issues? Try to restart all devices, and maybe use the switch account feature to re-enter the email address associated with your account, to sync the Bitdefender with Central once again on all devices covered by the previous subscription, and this should normally do the trick. The subscription renewal should be reflected on all protected devices and the expiration date should be updated accordingly. If this doesn't happen for some reason, I think it's a task for the Support teams to investigate further.

Also, what Support link have you accessed? Is it the one below?

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Chat should work pretty fast.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• FredetChic
    Options

Hi!

More than often, Bitdefender disable security for whatsoever reason

Last post here about this issue: July 2023

It's good to know issue is underinvestigation but it's more than a year it,s nknown and reporter

May 2022, a solution is given but obviously, not working!

https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/91765/web-protection-keeps-turning-off-on-android-phones-here-s-what-to-do?utm_source=community-search&utm_medium=organic-search&utm_term=Web+Protection+being+disabled

• FredetChic
    Options

Hi!

Issues with device not covered seems to have been fixed so it's ok now.

As for web protection disabled, I'll check your link to see if it can be fixed. I don't use that much my phone so i'd like it to be protected if possible!

Thanks for the detailed answer

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @FredetChic and thanks for following up. Glad to hear the subscription issue has been resolved.

If Web protection keeps deactivating itself even after following the available troubleshooting steps, I would also recommend to get in touch with the Support teams, as they may offer further advice and assistance on this matter.

You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact channels listed here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

State your contact reason, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user