Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How can I enable or activate your FREE CRYPTOMINING PROTECTION?

Options

I don't see it listed in my Protection Section!

Is it needed or useful for my PC and my Android Samsung AO3s phone?

Answers

• I am 79 years old with no formal computer training, basically "self - taught". I need all the Help I can get!

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited March 17
    Options

If you are using the free version of the Bitdefender product, you will not be able to activate cryptomining protection. The feature is only available in the paid version.

Since you have not mentioned the exact Bitdefender product that you are using on your Windows device, maybe @Alexandru_BD can check your account and provide you with insight.

On Android devices, there is no cryptomining protection feature; it is only available in the paid version for Windows product.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited March 18
    Options

Hello @Robert Fraser,

Based on my findings, you have a Total Security subscription, so the Cryptomining Protection module should be available for you as well. You can enable it by accessing the Bitdefender app, then go to Protection -> Cryptomining Protection to switch it ON, as shown in the below screenshot:

To answer your question, even if you have no intention of engaging in crypto-mining activities, the module would still prove useful because it automatically blocks any crypto-mining activities and takes necessary actions to prevent further unauthorized attempts. If this is a concern to you, then yes, it does offer peace of mind.

Let us know if the module could be activated successfully.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user