Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

I use bitedefender armor and everything on it works except the web protection part…

Options

I have tried everything that bitedefender armor people suggested…taking the app off and putting it back on…turning just the web protection to pause for awhile and then turning it back on, just signing off of the whole thing and signing back on and restarting each thing on it …but even doing all of this everything else on it works great except “web browsing protection”. I have an iPad Pro 11, as does my husband and we both have iphone 15 and his iPad armor works great on his ipad 11pro and his iphone 15 …my iphone 15 armor works great too… but on my ipad 11pro, no matter what I do will not let the web protection do anything…no number counting, no days show being used, nothing that comes on with it is on but all the other stuff does nothing on it…somebody help please before I go nuts. I use nothing else but this bitedefender armor so that isnt the problem either. Help please

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited March 25
    Options

Here are a few things you might want to consider:

1) Simultaneous use of Web Protection and VPN: Bitdefender Web Protection and VPN features cannot be used simultaneously due to their operational design. On iOS, the Web Protection feature uses a VPN profile to scan traffic actively and block malicious content in real-time. iOS restricts the use of multiple VPN apps simultaneously due to limitations in its network configuration, allowing only one VPN tunnel at a time. Consequently, Web Protection and VPN cannot work at the same time.

Check on the stated link (https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/34181/)

2) Reinstallation and Synchronization: Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, then make sure Mobile Security is synchronized with the online Bitdefender Central account.

3) Contacting Bitdefender Support: For issues related to NETGEAR Armor, here is the direct link to get in touch with Bitdefender support (https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/troubleshooting/products-netgear/). They can provide more detailed troubleshooting and investigate the issue further.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• JackieA
    Options

I mentioned nothing about using both because I already knew they dont work together. They said i asked to cancel my armor, I did not, it hadn’t ever reach the automatic payment time so after, on their own, cancelling my armor they took my payment on the 13th and then decided to start my armor again, only whatever they did when they started it again made the web protection no longer work and apparently they have no clue how to fix it, so they are ignoring me. I have tried deleting the armor app and putting it back on…does nothing for web protection….tried pausing it, still wont turn it on when I start it again…tried signing off and back on and still the only part that wont work is my web protection. Leave it on for days and still no count and nothing on any of the days…empty page. After doing all of this many many times I tried deleting my nighthawk app and putting it back on then deleting the armor app again and putting it back on and gee oh guess what STILL NOTHING ON WEB PROTECTION. I have nothing else to try, any suggestions on this? I have an iPad Pro 11 and an iphone 15. All help is appreciated

• Flexx
    Options

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

I think this needs to be further investigated with the Support engineers. I'm not familiar with this behavior.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• JackieA
    Options

Thank you…already tried them too and everything they told me to try and none of it works, so was just hoping someone on here knew what to do..thanks anyway!

• Flexx
    edited March 26
    Options

If Bitdefender support is unable to help you, try contacting NETGEAR support for assistance.

Here are the links for your reference:

NETGEAR Armor: https://www.netgear.com/home/services/armor/

NETGEAR Support: https://my.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

By the way, there is no product by the name of Bitdefender Armor; it's NETGEAR Armor powered by Bitdefender.

Regards

• JackieA
    Options
  • Flexx
    edited March 27
    Options

I guess the information below, collected from both Netgear and Bitdefender blogs, may help you understand why the app is developed by Bitdefender.

Netgear Armor is a security service offered by Netgear, but the technology behind it is actually provided by Bitdefender. Here's a breakdown:

Who is behind it?

• Netgear: Offers Netgear Armor as a built-in security solution for compatible Netgear routers.
    • Bitdefender: Provides the underlying security technology that powers Netgear Armor.

How does it work?

Netgear Armor acts as a shield for your home network. When enabled on your Netgear router, it monitors internet traffic and protects your connected devices from various threats such as:

• Hacking attempts
    • Malware and ransomware
    • Unwanted data breaches
    • Suspicious website access

Netgear Armor achieves this by utilizing features like:

• Intrusion Detection/Prevention System (IDS/IPS): Identifies and blocks malicious attempts to access your network.
    • Web filtering: Prevents access to known phishing and malware-laden websites.
    • Vulnerability scanning: Identifies weaknesses in your connected devices and alerts you for updates.
    • Bitdefender VPN (optional): Provides an extra layer of security and privacy when using public Wi-Fi (may require additional subscription).

Why the Netgear Armor app is from Bitdefender?

The Netgear Armor app is from Bitdefender because Bitdefender developed the core security technology used in Netgear Armor. The app allows you to manage and monitor your Netgear Armor subscription, view security alerts, and access additional features offered by Bitdefender (depending on your subscription).

In essence, Netgear offers Netgear Armor as a service through their routers, but Bitdefender provides the engine that makes it work.

Regards