Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How do I block all traffic by default?

Options

I seem to have a problem. I only want traffic that I allow to access my device. I do not know how to make bitdefender deny all traffic by default. Is there a way that I can do this?

Also, it appears that specific rules I set up have no effect. Why is this?

I am interested in learning who and what entities are connecting to my device without my consent or knowledge. I would like to be able to deny all traffic and allow one at a time for troubleshooting purposes.

Tagged:

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited April 2
    Options

Have a look at the comment by @Alexandru_BD in the link stated below.

https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/90912/use-bitdefender-firewall-to-block-all-internet-access

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• BitDefFan2014
    Options

Blocking all the traffic has the same effect as unplugging the Ethernet cable, or switching off your wifi.

What you want is to control manually the connections made from and toward your computer by various apps.

This is possible if you activate the 'Alert Mode' within your firewall settings, but right now the 'Alert Mode' is broken and it turns off without warning and user intervention.

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Boogz ,

Just to add to what @Flexx and @BitDefFan2014 have posted, the bug in Alert Mode is under active investigation, and it will be fixed.

As @Alexandru_BD , the Forum Moderator, has posted in the above link, the debugging period can be lengthy. Once the Bitdefender developers have identified the bug and fixed it, they then must determine if the fix breaks something else with extensive testing before releasing the fix to the automatic update channel.

Rest assured, a fix is on the way. We must be patient.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor