Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Simple Question: Why Isn't Bitdefender in the Windows 11 App Store?

Options

I too got a new laptop that I want to keep safe. I've seen all the posts about only safe products being allowed in the Windows Store and I DO NOT WANT TO SWITCH OUT OF S MODE JUST BECAUSE OF BITDEFENDER. Why isn't Bitdefender safe enough to be in the Windows Store? Why isn't Bitdefender informing customers like me that it will lose as a result? This is downright ridiculous!

Tagged:

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited April 12
    Options

The straightforward answer is provided by @Alexandru_BD, the forum administrator, in the below-stated link:

https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/98272/installation-of-bitdefender-on-windows-11-stopped-by-microssoft-store

Also, @camarie may be able to provide some insight on this.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• With due respect, I stated that I have seen all the posts. I'm not a techie. Why should I have to shift my trust from Microsoft to Bitdefender, which Microsoft has deemed to be unsafe? Again I'm not a techie and I hope none reads into this as anything other that what it is: a frustrated, loyal, 10+ year Bitdefender customer who is being asked to make an irreversible choice to abandon Microsoft's security measures. For years, both have coexisted for added peace of mind, so what changed? Quite frankly, I'm surprised that class actions aren't being contemplated at I think of how many PC users have either bought new devices or upgraded to Windows 11.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited April 16
    Options

As you have already read, @Alexandru_BD stated that it is the business decision taken by the board members, hence I will not be able to address this further. Kindly wait for @Alexandru_BD to be back on Monday and wait for their replies.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

As far as I know, many official apps for various services aren’t available on the Microsoft Store. Additionally, some popular streaming services like HBO Max and certain gaming platforms like Steam are not available as well. These are just a few examples, and the availability of apps can change over time as developers continue to expand their offerings.

Software developers typically need to pay a fee to Microsoft in order to distribute their apps through Microsoft Store, so this could be a business decision as well.

I don't have an official answer here, this is just my opinion.

@safetfest - Why should I have to shift my trust from Microsoft to Bitdefender - I don't think there can be a question of trust here, both companies are popular and trusted worldwide. Windows S mode was created as a streamlined version of Windows designed primarily for security and performance. It restricts the installation of applications only to those available through the Microsoft Store, which helps ensure that users download and install apps that have been verified and are less likely to contain malware or other security risks. But then again, you are installing an awarded security solution coming from a leader in the antivirus industry, so I don't really understand the trust issue. 🙂

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user