Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender total security version 27.0.35.146 malware detections not showing in central?

Options

Hi everyone,

I have a few windows PC's on my account, on one of my laptops with windows 10 with bitdefender total security version 27.0.35.146 no longer seems to update in the bitdefender central for any website detection that bitdefender total security flags as malware.

The certificate detections of this PC do update in the bitdefender central and this issue seems to only be on this windows 10 laptop, I have an other windows 10 laptop on my account and there malware detection as well as certificate detections do show in bitdefender central.

Does this mean that on this PC malware is not correctly blocked? I do get the bitdefender warning page when it detects a malware site and it does show in the notifications critical tap in the bitdefender total security so it does seem to be working on this PC they're just not being sent to my bitdefender central.

I don't know how long it's been doing this as I don't get a malware detection often but I can see in the notifications in bitdefender central that some malware site was blocked in February on this PC so this issue of no longer sending the malware detections to central on this PC happened in a bitdefender total security version after February 2024.

Otherwise the bitdefender total security seem to be working normally, scans and the one-click optimizer update normally in central, everything seem to work on it only thing not working is the malware detections not being updated in bitdefender central.

Maybe a bug in the newer versions of bitdefender total security after February?

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited April 20
    Options

Based on your description, it seems like Bitdefender Total Security is functioning correctly on your PC in terms of detecting and blocking malware, but the issue lies with the updates not being reflected in Bitdefender Central. This doesn’t necessarily mean that malware is not being correctly blocked on your PC, especially since you mentioned that you do get the Bitdefender warning page when it detects a malware site.

There could be several reasons for this issue. It could be a bug in the newer versions of Bitdefender Total Security, as you suggested. It could also be due to some synchronization issues between your PC and Bitdefender Central.

To try and resolve this issue, try the below-stated steps:

1) Remove the device from online Bitdefender Central: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2795/

2) On your device, open the Bitdefender application.

3) In the Bitdefender application, you should see an option to log in to your Bitdefender account. Enter your email address and password to log in. If you’re already logged in, you might need to log out first and then log back in.

4) After logging in to your Bitdefender account on your device, go to Bitdefender Central on your web browser. You should see your device listed under My Devices.

If the issue persists, kindly contact Bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ . Based on your selected product and the type of issue you're facing, you can get in touch with a support representative through email, chat, or a phone call. If you choose email, you will receive a ticket number on your registered email. The support team will reply within the next 24-48 hours, excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Petersl
    Options

Hi @Flexx

Thx for the swift response,

I did as you suggested and removed my device form bitdefender central then logged back in my account in the bitdefender total security (I did not have the option to first log out of the app, only to log in with a different account).

My device was successfully added to my bitdefender central but the issue is still there, only certificate detections are sent to the bitdefender central and not malware detections.

I think it might be a bug though because I just saw an other windows PC in my account had a certificate blocked and it showed in the security tap in bitdefender central but did not update in the notification bell on the top right corner of the bitdefender central page, my laptop certificate detection showed up in the bell and in the security tap just not the malware detection.

Also yesterday there was a certificate detection on my other laptop that does not have the malware detection issue but it only updated in the bitdefender central and in the bitdefender total security app notification tab about an half hour after visiting the website that gives the certification detection even though on this laptop it was firefox and not bitdefender that gave the warning page and it gave me the notification an half hour after I had closed firefox, the malware detections on this PC where sent immediately to the bitdefender central though.

I'll wait and see if this gets fixed in the next update of bitdefender, if not I'll contact support.

Thanks

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• dvsls
    dvsls QA Manager BD Staff
    Options

We are aware of the issue, and a fix will be delivered soon.

• Petersl
    Petersl
    edited April 26
    Options

Hi @dvsls @Flexx

It seems that it's working again on my pc, the malware detections are being sent to bitdefender central and show up in the security tab in central.

Not all detections show up in the bell icon though but they do all show in the security tab.

Thx

• dvsls
    dvsls QA Manager BD Staff
    Options

Version ending with .147 has this fix included.