Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Sora's fake page

Options

Does anyone know the damage caused by the .exe file contained in the setup-x86_64.zip zip downloaded from Sora's fake page?

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited April 23
    Options

Without the sample, no information can be provided. If you have the sample, kindly upload it to virustotal.com

Nevertheless, this is the information I found on the web.

Reports of fake and dangerous ads for Sora software downloads are circulating online. Cybercriminals have set up a counterfeit OpenAI website to attract users to their text-to-video tool. The deceptive webpage initially spread through Facebook ads from the domain opensora [dot]cloud, then shifted to opensora [dot]info within five days. Users downloading the file receive an archive named “setup-x86_64”. While it hasn’t been flagged as malicious by any cybersecurity firm according to Virus Total’s records, cybercriminals often create fake setup.exe files to trick users into running them, potentially containing malware. If you’ve downloaded this file, it’s advisable to conduct a thorough system scan with trusted antivirus software.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• sscrivano
    Options

Thank for your replay. I done a complete system Scan after deleting all downloaded file. No malware on virus were find. The problem Is that i done the Scan also on the downloaded files and no problems were detected. My suspect Is if there Is some infected file installed by setup-x86_64 not detected by the antivirus.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

As mentioned previously, without the sample, no information can be provided.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)