Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Subscription Renewal Email is SPOOFed by SecureShieldAV

Options

May 3, 2024 I received an email containing Bitdefender and Total Security descriptions that fit my current subscription, but came from an identity "SecureShieldAV"

This email had an advancing timer indicating I had limited time to respond to an over to renew or extend my subscription for 3 years and 3 devices for $59.99.

This email was sent to one of my addresses that is not the one I am registered for at Bitdefender Central, but I dismissed this as probably due some variation in how Bitdefender processes —- I had previously used the email as a Bitdefender Central login ID.

I made a mistake in not checking my current subscription and not questioning further.
So, I made the purchase thinking it was Bitdefender.

However, the confirmation of the subscription repeated that it was for Total Security" and repeated using "Bitdefender" while also saying that I must not only update my activation code,
but also update my email address to one they provided —- which is not okay — I create and control my email addresses, especially for logins, whenever possible.

Searching for "SecureShieldAV", I found no associaiton with Bitdefender.
I have sent these folks an email asking to CANCEL the order and refund $59.99,
I will dispute their charge with me credit provider as well.

This post may serve as a heads up to others.

I clearly missed the boat on this one.
I strongly suspect this is an intentional spoof of Bitdefender renewals and subscription.

Comments