Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE HELP with Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac NIGHTMARE

Options

Dear Bitdefender community,

For the past 8 hours I've been trying to uninstall the Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac after reading numerous threats and downloading various apps to find, delete, analyze, etc. The Bitdefender Uninstaller clearly doesn't work and reinstalling Bitdefender gives an error at the last step making it unable to install. 

Can anything be worse than trying to uninstall a program? The reason I'm trying to uninstall is because the Bitdefenderinstaller got stuck at 100% as shown in the picture attached. It won't let me close the app that easily and when it finally closes (even through Terminate), it will open up again, and again, and again, etc. When I try to delete any file from Library it doesn't do anything despite running it from an Administrator account.

I've lost plenty of work hours due to this Bitdefender trial version. I've also attached a report for EtreCheck, which couldn't delete the Bitdefender Installer. Please help me end my nightmare, I still have faith that this problem can be solved.

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2016-10-11 at 9.02.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 4.38.47 PM.png

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

Please open a ticket with our support team at bitsy@bitdefender.com.

• To get rid of this error I had to reformat my semi new MacBook Air.  

I don't recommend Bitdefender for Mac at all.