BD Firewall blocks all Xbox Live Connections with Windows 10

Hello everyone,

I have the issue with the firewall of Bitdefender that I can't join any game Partys and game sessions in Xbox Live enabled games, as long as the firewall is active.

I checked all rules in the firewall and the xbox app as well as the game are allowed to go through the firewall. When I go into a Xbox Party, it fails to establish a voice connection and when I try to join a party in the game, I get an connection error. When I deactivate the Firewall, everything works fine. So the firewall seems to be blocking something that I can't control and I want to have these kind of connections to be able to use all the Xbox features that Windows 10 has. It would be great if anyone of you experienced something similar and was able to solve it.

Thanks in advance.

If you need any informations, feel free to contact here.

Kind Regards,

Marcel

Comments

• Hello,

Please firstly ensure your Adapters are setup as Home/Office and the Teredo virtual device is setup as Trusted.

Bitdefender > Protection > Modules > Firewall > Adapters.

If you have any other security solutions on that machine, please remove them.

Also it would be great if you would tell us what Bitdefender product you have installed and its version.

• Hello Sorin,

thank you for your response.

I checked the settings like you asked me to and the ethernet adapter is on 'Home/Office' and the Teredo adapter on 'Trusted'.

I only have Bitdefender installed and it's the following version:

Bitdefender Internet Security 2017; Build: 21.0.18.898

The issue was also with Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 and I thought it was an incompatibility issue and thats why I upgraded to 2017.

• Hello,

Please open a support ticket using bitsy@bitdefender.com

In that ticket please include the logs from the Bitdefender Support Tool found in C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016 under the name of supportool.exe. The tool will save the log to your desktop upon completion.

Also please provide me with the ticket number that will be assigned for you.

• Hello Sorin,

I opened a ticket over the mail address you told me to.

I didn't receive any confirmation if a ticket was created nor did I get a Ticket number.

Is that behavior normal?

• Hello,

I have located your ticket and forwarded it to the proper department for investigation.

• Hi Sorin G. I'm having the same issue and just submitted a ticket for this with a system report as well.

On 2016-10-03 at 7:42 AM, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

I have located your ticket and forwarded it to the proper department for investigation.

• Hello,

Both of you should already have answers from our team. Please follow the steps and reply via email.

• sorry to bump an old post   i dont have teredo option nor can i connect to xbox live.. ive forwarded the ports in my router but i still can't get this to work.. the steps sent to them via email should be displayed here...

google search brought me here

• Hey Nogewdz,

sorry, I solved it quite a while ago and totally forgot to mention the solution I had.

Just go to Bitdefender > View Modules > Firewall > Rules > check Show general rules and check if IMCP connections are blocked off. If so, just allow them and then you can connect just like that in no time.

It was the issue for me and straight after I enabled it, it worked flawlessly till this very day.

I hope I could help you with it.

-Regards,

RukaziSintakumo

• Harly
    edited December 2016

On 12/7/2016 at 4:14 PM, RukaziSintakumo said:

Just go to Bitdefender > View Modules > Firewall > Rules > check Show general rules and check if IMCP connections are blocked off. If so, just allow them and then you can connect just like that in no time.

Tried this, didn't work. Bitdefender has been a real pain in my since Windows 10. Xbox app's party chat and multiplayer only works if I completely uninstall Bitdefender. I couldn't even upgrade to Total Security 2017 because Bitdefender blocked the connection to download anything. Removing it myself and upgrading to 2017 and I still have the same issues.

• +1 bump.

I am stilling having this issue. I am talking to email support right now and still not got any real answers why the firewall is blocking the xboxapp.exe from connecting successfully to the xbox live multiplayer servers. I can confirm that when the firewall is deactivated everything works fine. But then when I activate it, party chat stops working! The firewall is clearly the issue.

Does anybody have any updates on this? I have tried everything I can google ... still cannot figure out why this is happening.

• On 14/12/2016 at 9:49 PM, Harly said:

Tried this, didn't work. Bitdefender has been a real pain in my since Windows 10. Xbox app's party chat and multiplayer only works if I completely uninstall Bitdefender. I couldn't even upgrade to Total Security 2017 because Bitdefender blocked the connection to download anything. Removing it myself and upgrading to 2017 and I still have the same issues.

It's been a pain in arse for me too ... struggling for answers from email support too but a problem which they should be aware of. Oh well ... looking forward to when my license expires .... :)

• My teredo is stuck at home/office and I can't change it :(

• Hey guys

I had the same issue and I fixed it by resetting rules in BD firewall and then adding firewall rule for C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe.

Allow any protocols, any ports and any IP for svchost.exe then restart BD firewall. Give it a try.

Not sure if this poses any security threats though!

• While the above solution does work... needing to allow svhost full (outbound at least) access is less than ideal. Inbound was never really a concern with a hardware firewall already in place, but the outbound is exactly what I wanted to have blocked outside of approved apps like xbox. I don't need svhost being used to phone home or establish a backdoor if someone on my machine manages to visit a site they shouldn't have.

• I accidentally stumbled across this thread. I hadn't tried an xbox live game with Bitdefender installed. But checking the xbox connection shows it won't work. I even check the IP Helper solution noted in this thread: Bitdefender Firewall Blocks Xbox Networking on PC — The Bitdefender Expert Community . It shows it is running fine, but Live cannot connect. I definitely won't be allowing svchost to do whatever. Guess I may be looking for a new solution.