Change Trial Product

By mistake, I installed the 90 days trial for Bitdefender Antivirus Plus but I wanted the trial for Bitdefender Total Security.

I uninstalled Bitdefender Antivirus Plus and tried to install Bitdefender Total Security but ended up with Bitdefender Antivirus Plus again.

How do I manage to get the Bitdefender Total Security trial.

Please help.

Thank you

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello @tommygun ,

• Please uninstall Bitdefender (if already installed)
    • Also uninstall Bitdefender Agent from Control panel - Add and remove programs
    • Reboot the computer
    • Visit this site: https://www.bitdefender.com/Downloads/ and click ‘Download Now’ corresponding to Total Security.

If you find this response helpful, please mark it as accepted / agree.

• Thanks for your reply.

I tried all that but always end up with Bitdefender Antivirus Plus instead of Bitdefender Total Security.

• Hello @tommygun ,

1. Download the correct uninstaller tool from Bitdefender to remove everything related to that product from your computer: https://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/uninstall_consumer_trial.html
    2. Now reboot the computer
    3. Try the installation again. Are you sure you installed using the correct total security installer? Check whether the file name is bitdefender_tsecurity.exe.

If you find this response helpful, please mark it as accepted / agree.

• It's not working.

I did remove my device from Bitdefender Central but still no avail.

How do I remove my Bitdefender Antivirus Plus trial subscription from Bitdefender Central ?

If I could remove the subscription I think I could start from scratch.

• Hello @tommygun ,

I don’t think we can remove an active subscription from Bitdefender Central.

Have you tried the uninstaller and install with the correct bitdefender total security installer file (bitdefender_tsecurity.exe)?

As a work around (for time being), you can register with another email ID for bitdefender central.

And for subscription removal related issue, you can drop a mail to bitdefender: bitsy@bitdefender.com

They will respond back to your email.

If you find this response helpful, please mark it as accepted / agree.

• @Flexx

Thanks for your reply.

I already did this before you suggested it and it's working now.

Thanks again, anyway.

• Hello @tommygun ,

Good it here the work around worked for you.

If you find above response helpful, please mark it as accepted / agree.