Annoying VPN notification

hello

I am using Bitdefender Total security

I am unable to disable VPN notification which keep on coming everytime i connect to wifi.

I have unistalled VPN & also disabled wifi notification still it keep on coming again & again &again & again,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Comments

• FlexxFlexx ✭✭✭✭

@eeshan009

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Since you have already tried disabling the notification in settings & still it is showing up, kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at [email protected] regarding the same

Response may be delayed due to less staff and covid19. Rest be assured, they will reply back asap.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

• I had the same issue. It may sound like a minor problem, but I got the message every time I logged on, which might be several times a day. Not only that but the flag would always pop up at least TWICE so I would have to click it two times to get rid of it. I say 'at least twice' because often it would be more times - my record is NINE times in a row before it disappeared!

Anyway, this seems to be a long standing problem and I found the apparent solution in earlier threads. Just turning of 'recommendations' in settings isn't sufficient (though you'd think it would be) - you have to turn of wi-fi monitoring.

From the main dashboard select:

• Protection
    • Under 'vulnerability' click 'open'
    • Click 'settings'
    • Toggle the wi-fi security adviser to 'off'

Other users reported that this didn't work as the setting kept turning itself back on after a restart or shut down, however, I just tried it and it worked OK for me - stayed turned off after restart.

Incidentally, I choose not to use the VPN as it slows my machine down massively. I have tried other VPN's before this and they all render my computer virtually unusable, so unless this can be solved I'll continue to avoid them.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.