Not able to connect to internet using Linksys EA7300 and Bitdefender BOx

Up until yesterday this was my setup: gigabit internet coming in from the wall jack (no modem) going into my Bitdefender Box, my Linksys EA7300 plugged directly into my Bitdefender Box and my devices connected to the wireless network from my router, not the Bitdefender Box wifi. It had worked great for about a year and yesterday it stopped working. I reset both my router and my Bitdefender Box to the factory settings. If I plug the Bitdefender Box directly into the wall jack and directly connect my laptop via an ethernet cable to the Bitdefender Box I can browse the internet. Likewise, if I plug my router directly into the wall jack and connect my laptop to the wifi from my router I can access the internet. But when I have my Bitdefender Box plugged into the wall jack, my router connected to my Bitdefender Box with an ethernet cable and my laptop connected to my router's wifi I am not able to access the internet. There is nothing wrong with my router because using just it I am able to connect to the internet. There is nothing wrong with my Bitdefender Box because using just it I am able to access the internet. The problem is when I try to use them together I can't access the internet. I know this can be done because I used this exact same setup for over a year with no problem. I'm willing to bet that there is just some setting either on my router or my Bitdefender Box that needs to be tweaked so I can get them to work together like I have before. I don't want to have my router operate in bridge mode because I want to manage my devices with my router, not with the Bitdefender Box. Please help me! Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited July 2020

@brendon.davies

Since, support related to bitdefender BOX is very limited on the forum, it is always advised to contact the bitdefender BOX support directly through https://www.bitdefender.com/box/support/

You can either fill up the online forum or have a direct chat with the bitdefender BOX support representative.

If this helps, kindly mark answer as agree/ accepted

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• @Flex I was not aware of this. Thank you very much for the response, marked as "Agree".

• Mrodz71
    Mrodz71
    edited July 2020

@brendon.davies

Stupid question: you said it worked for about a year. Is your subscription expired? If so, the box would still work as a standalone router and allow your laptop to connect but the advanced features would not work, per another post I saw. Not sure if "advanced features" includes cascaded devices or not but thought it was worth mentioning.

• Flexx

@Mrodz71

Kindly refrain from using improper language on the forum. It can lead to termination of account & banning of your IP permanently on the forum. Everyone is free to post his/ her question, but no other user is allowed to judge the question by using improper words.

@Alex D. @Andy_BD (kindly have a look)

Regards

Flex

• @Flexx I was not saying he asked a stupid question. I was stating that I was about to ask a potentially stupid question, which is why I put the : after. It's an American expression that means "forgive me if this seems like a stupid question, but...". It is an effort not to offend someone by asking a very basic question. My assumption was that he already verified his subscription, but to be 100% sure, I asked a stupid question.

• Flexx

Sorry for the misinterpretation, but words like these are not allowed on the forum.

Regards

Flex