Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Browser Helper Infection

My Wife's laptop has become infected with an know malware called "Browser Helper".

I have no knowledge of it other than I saw it in the Control Panel! I tried and it wouldn't un-install at all. It help saying that the Installation was no a network and I need the Files to uninstall it.

The only help I found on the internet was that it had to have a program to uninstall it and the Program was called Farbar. It would take someone with VERY SHARP computer knowledge to run the program. The programs reports on portions of the computer and someone must read, accept, or delete questionable things that to a layperson as myself, would never be able to make the determination of what to remove and what to keep!

I am thinking of reinstalling the OS to re mover it an then re-install everything from scratch! No backups or anything that could be infected.

Does anyone know of a better way of getting rid of "BROWSER HELPER" malware? If so, please let me know because this is the only Computer in operation at the time. If installation fails, then I am in trouble!

Harmie Johnson

Answers