Can't Browse when VPN Premium Connected

Arime
Arime
edited January 2022 in VPN

VPN Premium was working fine for a week or so. Then started facing issues - VPN would not connect and had to reinstall every time.

Was facing speed issues as well and now cannot browse using Chrome or Firefox. Firewall settings permit access to both browsers . Browsing works fine when VPN Premium disconnected. Facing this issue for over a week.

Ran diagnostics using application sent to me by an agent and emailed file 3 days ago. No response yet.

Any suggestions / permanent fixes?

Tagged:

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited May 2020

Hi Member,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Kindly follow the steps available in below link

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/11311/

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/14839/

If you still face any issue, kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com .Response may be delayed due to less staff and covid19. Rest be assured, they will resply back asap.

If this helps, kindly mark answer as accepted.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• @Arime ,

Why am I encountering internet slowdowns while connected with Bitdefender VPN?

Bitdefender VPN is designed to offer you a light experience while surfing the web; however, your internet connectivity or the server distance you connect to may cause the slowdown. In this case, if it is not a must to connect from your location to a faraway hosted server (e.g. from USA to China), we recommend you to allow Bitdefender VPN to automatically connect you to the nearest server, or find a server closer to your current location.

Also you can reply back to the email thread which the issue ID stating the status of the issue, so that the bitdefender representative can investigate the logs you shared and help you with fixing the issue.

If you find this response helpful, please click on agree button.

Thanks and regards,

• @Jayakrishnan

This is the response I got after 72 hours (when all details had already been shared with the agents):

"Thank you for your patience.

In order to troubleshoot the situation that you have encountered, please provide us with more specific details about the behaviors that you are encountering and on which device. Also, kindly let us know if the situation still persists if you are connecting to a different wi-fi or hotspot connection. 

Looking forward for your reply!"

Now they've asked me for screenshots while performing a speed test https://www.speedtest.net/

• @Flexx

Forgot to mention that I am facing the same issue on my Android phone (cant browse when VPN on)

Applying your solution on framework repair but so far no luck. Trying one more time.

• Flexx

Hi Member

Since you have already performed resolution provided by bitdefender on the links that I shared in trail chat and no solution is working for you, I would request you to go forward and be in touch with bitdefender support representative via same ticket on which they have asked you for the screenshot from speedtest.com website.

They may be able to provide you with more help regarding this. If the issue still persists afterwards, then we can go forward and try a hit & trial method, by removing all the devices from central and uninstalling all the bitdefender products on your devices. This may seem weird solution but it works sometime.

But we may only go forward with this once your case is not resolved by bitdefender support representative.

NOTE : UNTIL THEN, DO NOT TRY TO UNINSTALL OR REMOVE DEVICE FROM CENTRAL OR YOUR SPECIFIC DEVICES

The bitdefender in above provided links shows net framework download for only v4.5.2. The latest version of net framework is v4.8 which can be downloaded directy from : https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/thank-you/net48-web-installer

Let me know whether or not your issue gets resolved by bitdefender support representative.

Keep posted.

Regards

Flex

• Arime
    Arime
    edited May 2020

@Flexx

None of the solutions worked.

Funny thing is that I mentioned that browsing not possible when VPN on so there is no speed to report for that option. Sending them the snapshot for when VPN disconnected.

Would reinstalling Windows 10 help?

Thanks for your help.

• Flexx
    edited May 2020

As I said earlier, kindly first be in touch with bitdefender support executives. If they are still unable to help, then we can have these of the things done.

1) will try to delete all devices from central and PC.

2) Will check system for errors using, sfc and dism commands and try to repair them.

3) Will reinstall bitdefender products.

BUT LET FIRST BITDEFENDER SUPPORT TRY TO RESOLVE YOUR ISSUE, maybe they can provide you with some solution such that we will not have remove and reinstall product.

Reinstalling the windows will be the best option if none of the solution works, that is always kept as last resort of solution, but what if even after reinstalling the windows, you face the same issue. It will be a waste of time and resources. So just go with what the bitdefender support says you to do.

Just keep me posted if the issue is not resolved.

Regards

Flex

• Thank you @Flexx

• I have same problem with VPN Premium only on my Mac computer, not mobile devices. I did multiple speed tests with VPN ON then OFF. When VPN was ON I got 10 Mbps less WiFi speed than when OFF. My computer is approximately 16' from modem/router and is wireless.

• Flexx
    edited May 2020

Hi Member,

I would like you to check some FAQ's regarding VPN speed related issues to it. It can happen with any VPN service. So this is a general information regarding any VPN service.

https://www.cactusvpn.com/vpn/vpn-slow-down-internet/

https://www.ivpn.net/knowledgebase/66/My-VPN-is-slow-what-can-I-do-to-make-it-faster.html

https://nordvpn.com/blog/does-vpn-slow-down-internet/

Next time, I would request you to kindly create a new ticket for your issue. Though question may be same, but the solution that may work for one person may not work for other.

Regards

Flex

• Last time I had the VPN it would not let me watch movies on Amazon UK. I go there a lot and am wondering if there is some way to watch movies on Amazon and still have the VPN on? I presume that the VPN is protecting me from other things than just the site I am on at the time, is that correct?

• Looks like I am talking to myself. Ooops lol