Help Cannot Uninstall BD and Cannot Reinistall BD Cannot use PC No BD or Windows Def

I have been using BD with no problems for several years. Recently, I have been getting "reboot to complete Update error messages" so I uninstalled BD with the tool and tried to reinstall. First, I the uninstall tool told me there were errors in the uninstall process and to contact tech support. I checked this board and followed directions to delete remaining folders as admin. I am the owner and admin. BD Agent would go, but I cannot delete BD AV in Program Files. I am either told a file is open or I need admin rights. When I tried to install a fresh BD, I get the cannot copy installer error. I put all morning into this and so I have contacted tech support and I am waiting for a reply. In the meantime, I cannot use the PC since I cannot get BD to function and BD will not allow Windows Defender to operate.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled BD many times in the past with no problems, and I have tried every step I could find to fix this: Geek, ESET, System Restore, SafeMode, ect. Any help will be appreciated!

Answers

• > @NotBillGates said:
    > I have been using BD with no problems for several years. Recently, I have been getting "reboot to complete Update error messages" so I uninstalled BD with the tool and tried to reinstall. First, I the uninstall tool told me there were errors in the uninstall process and to contact tech support. I checked this board and followed directions to delete remaining folders as admin. I am the owner and admin. BD Agent would go, but I cannot delete BD AV in Program Files. I am either told a file is open or I need admin rights. When I tried to install a fresh BD, I get the cannot copy installer error. I put all morning into this and so I have contacted tech support and I am waiting for a reply. In the meantime, I cannot use the PC since I cannot get BD to function and BD will not allow Windows Defender to operate.

Hi.Did you try to use bitdefender uninstall tool on safe mode?
    I recommend go to safe mode and launch bitdefender uninstall tool
    I dont know exactly it works on safe mode but if it is work it can do its job correct.
    if the problem not fixed then maybe windows repair software can help you to clean and fix your registry and other thing
    download and launch that app in safe mode and do the all repairs.
    https://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html