Premium Security - issues adding new users

Lea
Lea
edited January 2022 in Central & Subscriptions

This is alarming. I purchased the Premium Security version a couple of years back - was able to hook up all of my staff at various points of time, with no issue by sending them a link from my Central Dashboard, and they logged on with their own work emails. Perfect.

This week though, I'm trying to add new staff on, again with links sent from my Central Dashboard, and those links when opened and installed by my staff, are defaulting to the trial version of the product! Something has clearly changed in the way that Bitdefender has things setup.

I've been in contact with customer support today, who are advising me to give our my master logon details to those new staff (including the password) so they can convert their trial accounts onto our paid licences.

This isn't the answer I would expect from a company that effects online security!

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member,

Irrespective of any bitdefender product the activation depends on number of devices a particular license can activate. For example, if you have a license which can support upto 10 devices and you have already activated 10 devices on via that license, then if you will add a 11th device it will definitely be a trial version for that particular device.

In short, kindly check what is the total number of devices your license can hold. If it is exceeding the limit, then even if you will send the link from the central account, the trial version will only be activated.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Kindly refrain from posting spam comments or your account will be ban. In extreme cases your IP will be blocked from creating new accounts on bitdefender forum. This place is not for promoting your website.

@Alex D., @Andy_BD

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)