Come say hello and tell us about yourself!

Andy_BD
Andy_BD ✭✭✭
edited March 2023 in General Topics

Welcome to the Bitdefender community!

Regardless of the fact that you've been a Bitdefender user for a long time or it's the first time you use our products, we'd like to give you the opportunity to share a bit about yourself with us and everyone in the community!

You may find that you could meet people who share in your passions or interests! The way you present yourself is completely up to you. However, if you don't know where to start, here are some suggestions we think might get the ball rolling: What is your profession? Which are your hobbies? Share a bit about what motivates you. Maybe tell us about your favorite things or people you like?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Comments

• Andy_BD
    Andy_BD ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

I think it's only suitable that the host begins this thread so here it goes:

I’m Andy, the User Community Manager here at Bitdefender. Before this I used to work at a video games studio, doing community work there. I met a lot of interesting people and got me to understand more about what it's like to be on the other side of the fence. It was a very interesting insight especially since I've been a gamer for more than 15 years now.

In the past year I developed a new hobby and that is Wargaming - collecting, building and painting miniatures in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Big fan of sci-fi, guilty as charged! 😁 (but fantasy as well!)

If I’m not doing any of those things, I watch a lot of movies and I’m generally pretty keen on what’s happening in tech and IoT .

I'm very excited about starting this community in a totally new and niche segment - cyber sec - and to meet all of you!

All right, who's next?

• I'm Josh. I will go off of Andy's recommended list of what to say. 😂 I have used Bitdefender products for several years now and I have no regrets in using them. Currently in college, to pursue a Bachelor's in Information Technology, so of course I am surrounding myself and learning more about technology everyday. Hobbies I enjoy are outdoor activities (running and recreational sports) and digital graphics and animation along with video gaming. What motivates me is always striving to help others in making things easier and better understood.

That's all! Hope to see more comments below as we set off with a new forum!

• Hey everyone! I’m Natalia. Excited to join this community.  

I’m interested in learning how to refine security and be on top on security news, tech and IoT evolution; and to me it’s the place where everything connects. I look forward to learning from this talented group and contributing where I can.

I enjoy traveling (especially in sunny places :) ), mind-games, puzzles and challenges, Sci-Fi & Thriller either in books or movies, and fascinated about tech evolution.

Looking forward to discover this space; it seems users are at the core of this ecosystem to the benefit of its community members.

• Andy_BD
    Andy_BD ✭✭✭

Nice one @j0sh_8l0ck ! Spring is almost upon us (if you're in the northern hemisphere) so the video games infused winter hibernation can finally come to an end 😄 I for one am holding out for the release of Doom Eternal soon.

Glad to see we've got fairly similar tastes in activities and good luck with your degree!

• Hey there!

I'm Alex, part of the Bitdefender Technical Support team.

Currently, I'm looking forward to start mountain biking again (waiting for the weather to get warmer). I started mountain biking last year and also signed up for a race (which turned out as a disaster due to somewhat unexpected events, still, it was a great and fun adventure nonetheless). Looking forward to signing up for a race or two this year as well.

Also, I'm a pretty big fan of the hip hop culture (however, I'd still say that I have a lot to learn about it). Needless to say, I am passionate about gaming, technology and IoT.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this community will develop. See you around!

• Andy_BD
    Andy_BD ✭✭✭

@IceMage a cabin in Alaska sounds like a dream! I, personally, would really like to settle down in Iceland, there's so much to see in such a small country. Also, did you know it's one of the youngest landmasses on the planet?

When you say dabble in a website, do you mean that you do webdesign?

Looking forward to more news about your vlog and/or podcast! Do you have a theme, or general topic you'd like to set for it?

• Andy_BD
    Andy_BD ✭✭✭

Natalia, you've come to the right place! 😄

Glad to have you here and excited to show you what's to come.

Just out of curiosity, what would you say, in your perspective, is the best sci-fi novel?

• DimitrisG
    DimitrisG ✭✭
    edited March 2020

• Hey guys, My names Sean I am an It guy who has had Bitdefender for 6 years now

• Andy_BD
    Andy_BD ✭✭✭

Hey, Sean! Welcome to the community.

Hope we'll have some entertaining conversations around here.

How are you adapting to working from home in these, let's say, interesting times?

As a follow-up, we have a thread open on that topic and maybe you can even find out something new!

Cheers,

Andy.

• Hey I am not sure if you can recover this or not, I posted a suggestion before coming here and doing the meet and greet.

Are you able to restore it? I would hate to have write it again (its a long one).

Bitdefender Total Security; product functionality wish list — Bitdefender Expert Community

• Also, I cant access my profile

I receive this response:

Permission Problem

You don't have permission to do that.

• Andy_BD
    Andy_BD ✭✭✭

Hey, as this is rather off-topic, I sent you a private message so we can discuss there further. 😊

Thanks!

• Hello everyone, gentlemen and handsome guys ~

My name is Zabo, and I often sit in front of the computer. I have been touching the computer since the first grade of the elementary school. My major is to collect information and conduct a comprehensive analysis to obtain the most important points or information. , I am currently a junior high school student, trying to learn various technologies

I like computers very much and I like playing games. I am also a Bitdefender fanatic. I am very interested in many things about Bitdefender and I often talk to friends about him

When I recently observed the field of security, I found that there are many points that must be paid attention to, such as cryptography, software compilation, and various other things. Although I ca n’t say it, I think it is very interesting. XD

I met a lot of people in Bitdefender, interesting and fun people, like Stefan Anghel

He is really fun to talk, and people are very generous XD, I really like him

Or it is Andrei Baraitareanu. He speaks with a humorous tone, and the speech can help people solve the problems that are happening. Sometimes I will talk to him.

There are many, many others that I ca n’t say. They are all my good friends. I am really happy to join this place. I hope everyone can chat XD

I am from Taiwan, I hope to be good friends with everyone ~

• Andy_BD
    Andy_BD ✭✭✭

Hey @Zabobitman and welcome to the community!

Hope you'll make new friends here besides the impressive number of BD people you already know 😄

I like your focus and I feel like you already know where you want to go career-wise, am I mistaken?

And what a better time to like playing video games it is! You can keep yourself entertained and have fun while also being responsible and help flattening the curve!

The community site is still in early access, so more things are coming soon.

Again, welcome and hope you'll have good fun here!

Cheers,

Andy.

• 🔔 Hello to everyone who reads this! I'm an 80 plus year old, who likes to putter with computers. I've only been using BitDefender for about a year and 1/2. It had been working wonderfully well, but for some reason, it now has a hick cup in it. I cannot get it to update and now my VPN will not connect! I would love to hear any suggestions on how to get it back, well, and with hic-cups removed. Everything I do with my computer has been through reading books or pc magazines. So, that means that I am not well educated with formal IT training. Any suggestion sent my way will be deeply appreaciated!

tnchimes 🔔

• Hi. I'm Lisa. I run a small business that normally involves a lot of travel. These days it's ever more teleconferencing what with the Stay At Home orders. Prior to starting my business I was a computer science college professor for many years; I still teach part time because I enjoy it so much. I care a lot about how computing can improve people's lives. When I'm not working I want to be outdoors - hiking if at all possible.

• Hello @tnchimes and welcome to the community!

We`re glad to have you on-board!

I have checked your account and nothing seems out of place and it would be greatly appreciated if you would perform the steps below:

If you still experience issues with your subscription, please write a message with a screenshot to [email protected] and we will further investigate.

Looking forward to your response.

Wish you a great day and stay safe!

• Andy_BD
    Andy_BD ✭✭✭

Hi @LCK, welcome to the community!

Hope the break in your work related travels gave you the chance to catch your breath and give you time to plan your next hiking trips!

See you around in the comments 😄

• Hello, I'm Chad,

I used BitDefender years and years ago after it first came to market. Through the years I've used a variety of protection for our devices including hardware and software options. I recently came back to BitDefender based solely on my purchase of the BitDefender Box 2 hardware device.

I've been in IS for 20 years, most as a sr network engineer, now, as a manager. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up :) I love to travel mostly to tropical places but also love traveling to mountain areas, parks, etc. I thoroughly enjoy hunting for arrowheads and artifacts. I love to BBQ on my pellet smokers and even on my gas grills and chill out on my back patio, listening to music and having a few cold ones!

I've been working from home now for 4 weeks. I haven't seen our kids or grandkids since Christmas. It's been tough, but I feel that we will soon be able to get out of these terrible times we are living in and spend time with our families over the summer.

Cheers 🍻

Chad

• Andy_BD
    Andy_BD ✭✭✭

Hi @chepiper! Welcome to our small, but growing community! We're still in soft-launch, so if you have any suggestions, or ideas, we have a forum feedback section. Otherwise, feel free to explore, ask questions and answer if you can lend a hand to our fellow community members!

Getting over this is something that everyone is looking to happen as fast as possible. I feel very fortunate that I can do the work I do from home, but all this staying inside (especially if it's in an apartment building) it's starting to build up.

That's why, in preparation for the grand reopening of the outside, I've started looking up longboards....and/or mountain bikes; still haven't decided yet. But what I do know is that I want to spend some more time moving outside when things will settle.

Stay safe and catch you around!

• Hello all. I'm a retired guy who used to program the larger computers. Much has changed, eh? I like having a user community where other users help out and I hope to be one helping, though my experience with Bitdefender is new. Right now I have a problem but can't find a place to enter my issue. I'm sure I'll find it eventually. Thanks to all ahead of time.

• Andy_BD
    Andy_BD ✭✭✭

Hi @ImPhredzname_2 and welcome to the community!

You can start by having a look at the Home & Home Office meta-category and determine where it might fit in.

If you purchased one of our Bitdefender products in the past year, head straight to Bitdefender 2020 Products and you will see that the discussion categories will be very similar to the use cases present in the product.

Hope this helps! If you're still unclear, send me a private message and I'll point you in the right direction.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Members,

This side Flex from INDIA. I have been using Bitdefender from past 3 years on my each of my notebook (office or home) and I have never came across any issues related to malware or faced any phishing scams. I even do not have an idea as to when was the last time I said hello to a malware. All thanks to Bitdefender with its robust protection, I always feel safe & secure.

Additionally, I was top ranked member according to Bitdefender staff in beta testing of 2019 & beta 2020 products.

Currently I am working for a telecom company in INDIA named Airtel. My role is of software tester.

I love swimming, listening music, hanging out with friends, travelling, hiking etc

I hope we all members will have a good time here helping out each other in some way or the other.

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Andy_BD
    Andy_BD ✭✭✭

Hi @Flexx !

Welcome to the community. Glad to have you with us!

I'm really happy to hear that you've had such a good run with our software. Knowing people like you are safe is what motivates us to keep our guard up all the time 🛡️

And congrats to you for your proactive spirit in helping us better shape our products, not only once, but twice and as a top ranked member!

That's quite the feat!

• Hi,

I'm Nunzio, I'm Italian, and I live in Milan.

I am an employee of Vodafone Italia and I am passionate about technology, IT and cybersecurity.

For my personal PCs in the past I used the Bitdefender Plus product, then for some time I abandoned Bitdefender for other free products such as Comodo, Panda Free, Avast Free, Kaspersky Security Cloud Free and others ... let's say that I have tried almost all free products.

Now I'm excited to use Bitdafender Free which in my opinion is one of the best free antivirus. Obviously it does not have the firewall, hips, sandbox as Comodo, the personalization as others, the Italian language as others but of Bitdefender Free I trust for its security. I hope that new features and the Italian language will be implemented and that no advertising pop-ups will be added as unfortunately happens for other free antivirus programs.

I hope to continue to get on well with Bitdefender Free and in your community.

Thanks for the attention.

Nunzio.

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• Hi folks,

I'm Chris, and live in the Cotswolds, UK.

I'm a Structural Engineer : design & analysis of telecomms structures such as lattice-steel masts & towers, and grp radomes.

This is my first time as a BitDefender user, indeed its my first time being responsible for my own IT security.

My primary interests are Portsmouth Football Club, cask & bottle-conditioned beer, Portsmouth Football Club, cycling & cycle-camping, Portsmouth Football Club, trekking, Portsmouth Football Club, railways and Portsmouth Football Club.

• SwedishGoth
    edited June 2020

Hey folks

My name is Jonas. I'm 44, from Gothenburg, Sweden.

Computers has been my prime interest since my first love, C64, in 1986. I was just 11 and C64 only comes in english (With a german handbook). I was a computernerd. Back then, for those born in the 90ies, a computer nerd was a very negative word. Computers and mobile phones did exist, but only business, goverments and computernerds used them.

That changed pretty fast in the 90ies with Internet. (Thx USA for giving internet away for free!). A computernerd went from the least wanted person in school, to the most "wanted" haha.

I've built my own system ever since I can remember. And Worked in IT all my adult life. Both as Tech and account manager. I fix computers both private and in business. I love systems.....

I'm the kind of computer "tech" guy who can fix a system I never used before. I'm like Neo in the Matrix. I "see" the matrix. I "see" what to do when I have the system in front of me. I have no uni degree. Im 100% self learned.

I love games. MMORPGs and Civilization types of games the most. Everquest, Skyrim, Fallout series and Elderscrolls Online, has together over 20 years of gaming for me.

This is my first time even trying Bitdefender or even know about these forums. I got Bitdefenders full license about a month ago, when Bitdefender fixed what every other security software had failed to do.

I am about solutions. Not problems, which is what I pay Bitdefender now to keep from me, hehe. I ask questions when I dont understand. I offer solutions, when I in fact know the solution.

I dig systems. I understand them. I dig deep in logs until I find the reason to X. Even CBS.log and DISM.log ;).

My newest built system is:

ASUS B450-PLUS GAMING Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 5 (3600), 1TB M2 Corsair SSD, Corsair 3600 RAM (ECC)

I need to get a new desktop though. Something with see-trough, since ASUS AURA is very nerdy cool! It can glow in any rythem, and in sync with keyboard, etc.

Jonas the Swedish Goth

• Hi all,

I am David, a retired expat from the UK, and living in rural France.

In my younger days I was in the RAF and had some good times overseas. I started getting the computer bug a round 1980 when the BBC B computer arrived and we had a good compter club where we exhanged ideas etc. Then I managed to have them pay for some computer courses in the military and at a local college, getting ready for me going in to civvy street.

Before I retired I worked in the computer department of one of the UK's largest insurance companies. When I started we were using OS/2 and I loved that OS. Later when NT arrived half the company moved over, but later when OS/2 died we all changed.

Now here in France my computers have a mix of English and French. often it is hard to stop some apps arriving in French and often Windows 10 changes between the two, certain items in one language and others in....

I try to keep up to date and use versions of the latest with the insider program.

I started using Bitdefender a few years ago and am still finding new bits. I find it is very complete and the help staff are second to none.

• Hello! I am new to this place, finally decided to join after reading it for a while. I've been a user of an antivirus program for several months and I love it. When I am in my Pattaya estate I like to visit a lot of websites especially when I plan to download a movie so I really need a good protection. And Bitdefender Antivirus works really well

• TaxiMagicien42
    TaxiMagicien42 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm French and I live in France.

I have been using the computer tool for 30 years. It has enabled me to continue my studies (legal and computer science). Over time I became a real "geek". I put my computer skills and knowledge at the service of a voluntary disability association for 13 years. I managed the small computer park of the association but above all, I tried to make the computer tool accessible to people with disabilities. Moreover, I love reading and writing...not to mention Bitdefender that I use since 2016😉

TaxiMagicien42

WIndows 11 Home 23H2

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz

Bitdefender Premium Security Plus

• Andy_BD
    Andy_BD ✭✭✭

Welcome to the community @TaxiMagicien42 !

It sounds like you're doing very noble work in helping others with disabilities to be able to use all this wonderful technology!

Hope you'll have a great time with us here :)

• TaxiMagicien42
    TaxiMagicien42 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

Good evening @Andy_BD,

Thank you for your message.

Let’s say I humbly try to make my contribution in these two areas that I know well.

It is with pleasure that I will participate in the various exchanges that will take place here.

Best Regards,

TaxiMagicien42

WIndows 11 Home 23H2

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz

Bitdefender Premium Security Plus

• Hi guys,

I'm Gerald currently in the 40's and working as a design engineer in Germany.

The good: Been using BitDefender since ages (2008 or even earlyer if I'm not mistaken). Been enjoying my PC and it's protection offered by BD and never ever had something bad happening to it.

The bad: Unfortunately, since the threat's evolved more and more, keeping a safe system apearently means a super over intrusive AV. Who will follow my older threads will see how my PC is actualy full of exclusions just to function....

BR

• Greetings,

I'm Cliff, residing in Ohio, USA..the part of North America that Canada didn't want.

What is your profession? I was a manufacturer's representative for companies that produced items for physical therapy departments and home care providers. I retired a few years ago and am now a user of the products I used to represent.

Which are your hobbies? Golf is my main hobby. I've spent over 60 years perfecting my game to a point that is a marvel to those that foolishly restrict themselves to the fairways and greens. On numerous occasions I've heard "What the heck was that?" as my ball headed for parts of the surrounding area that weren't included in the architect's design.

Share a bit about what motivates you. Generally, pizza and a number of items made of meat byproducts with sufficient trans fat and spice to drive my physician to tears.

Maybe tell us about your favorite things or people you like? Funding organizations involved in medical research and secondary education.

• MelmMelm
    MelmMelm
    edited January 2021

My family from Australia, Sydney, we arrived in Turkey last year because my father should work here, was hard to find new friends and good education, also we try to find prety good apartment for live, our neighbourhood advice us this service https://turk.estate/en/ thx for him, because we find good place around my father work and my college!

• Hi,

I'm Simon and for years I was an IT journalist, reviewing software and hardware for magazines and websites. Did quite a few group tests of IS software and Bitdefender usually came out top, so when I retired and no longer had freebies to rely on for protection, I went to Bitdefender for my own use. I have eight PCs laptops and tablet protected by it.

I spend most of my retirement time writing poetry (which I've done for 45 years or so) and have recently had my ninth collection published. I'm generally happy with Bitdefender, other than with a few little irritations. I live in South Devon, UK

• Andrewoven
    edited November 2021

Hi All,

I am Andrew Oven currently I am working on a vape shop where we provide our customers our good service and where we have the different flavors of Vapesb and have coils, and pods and so if you are fond of these products you should visit our website you will get your favorite product.

• Hi,

I’m Chuck Brotman. Ive used Bitdefender (BD) on my computers for years. I'm newly retired (from IBM) and have been a lifetime computer enthusiast.

I’ve joined this forum to get help regarding BD Total defense on my iOS, which I have no experience with. I’ll go and look for the appropriate place to ask my question...

• Simply wanted to say hey to all here. It is my 1st message here.

It truly seems like the moderators connected with this website certainly do a great job.

I want to learn tons of things here also I will help other members as much as I can.

Regards

Rajesh 😊

• Hello everyone, my wife and are retired. I was in commercial real estate for 30 years. We drove a semi for 7 years together. We garden, both flowers and veggies.

We just want our online transaction and video chats w/grand kids to be safe.

• Hello all,

I am Ryan, a New Network and Security Admin.

I have been working on computers in one way or another since the 80s. In the time since I have worked at positions from Help desk to Site Admin and many in between. I have worked for major corporations and little mom and pop stores.

I am new to using Bitdefender and looking to learn more.
  • Hello, My name is Chukwudi.
    I'm a blogger <https://freefitnesshub.com> I'm a fitness and therapeutic coast
    My passion is simply giving out to the world. I love rendering academic help in any way I possibly can.
  • I am relatively new to Bitfender but I cannot access some websites that I normally use which is a nuisance. I am having to use my ipad to get on some sites. I am not particularly tech savvy so I am disappointed with my purchase at the moment.

• Thanks for the welcome.

I'm Arka, a Canadian expat in Tokyo. I just purchased Bitdefender for our company and am currently rolling it out on all machines. I'm very impressed by the low price and the ease of setup and management.

I'm director of product development at a small company developing and selling a platform for intelligent digital assistants for cars.

My hobbies are scuba diving and weekend trips to the mountains!

• Hello all,

My name is Mohammed Khamis and I handle support queries of Bitdefender for India. We help the new and existing users of Bitdefender with technical queries and issues.
    Before this I was working a graphic designer despite of my academics in engineering.

Thalassophile, Selenophile, Football, Cars, Petrichor❤
  • Good Afternoon From NYC,

Looking forward to learning from all those on the site, Changing careers to IT.

Regards,

Resilient

• Hi folks. My name is Ian, and I retired about two months ago from working as an Instructional Designer for a world-class MDR cybersecurity company HQ'd in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. With more time to focus on life outside of employment, I'm looking to strengthen my home network security. I'm relatively new to using Bitdefender, though I've heard of it for several years. I just kept getting cheap deals for other Internet security apps (McA*** and Nor* ** mostly). Now I want to get serious, including the addition of VPN on all of our devices.

I hope this will be a long and fruitful relationship!