unable to move file , (access denied)

Hi , I hope you are well , i have a problem im recently use bitdefender and when i wanted to open an exe file i received (Potentially unwanted application detected) notification , and i put the file in all exceptions list , The problem was solved can be said !(because sometimes not working) , but a worse problem was added in moving the file , i cant copy,cut the file in other location (even i turn of antivirus shield etc)i search in community and internet i didn't find anything interesting about this issue!! i wanted to delete BD Temporary 😅, but I preferred to ask a question first because this is a bit strange for a 1 rank world-class antivirus

Tagged:

Answers

• Alex_A
    Alex_A ✭✭✭

Hello, @ MartinCooper

You need to remove the exclusion for this file. You will probably be able to manage this file again (move, copy). Or try to make a move or copy in the safe mode of the system.

• i did it but I receive a notification when I want to move the file, and the problem is repeated🔁

• Hello @MartinCooper and welcome to the Community!

Based on your description of the situation encountered, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. The engineers may request some logs from you.

You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Alex_A
    Alex_A ✭✭✭

Hello, @ MartinCooper

I checked on my computer, the file placed in the exception is analyzed as malicious. When copying to a new location, the process is blocked and when the process is completed, the file is placed in quarantine. After that, I chose the option to restore from quarantine. Please note that an "exclusion" function is automatically created for this file in a new location. The next time you copy or move this file, it will be quarantined again.

For me, it was easier to copy the file to a USB flash drive when I started the computer in safe mode.