Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can i share my account with someone else?

Options

i have a close friend who used bitdefender in the past but did not like the price so he stopped, i recently bought the antivirus and was wondering if i could share one of my device slots left with him.

the reason im asking about it here is because im not sure if its against the TOS to share my device slot with someone else. i cant find anything on google about it. im not very well versed in reading TOS and dont see anything about it but i could be dead wrong. i dont want to find out the hardway by having my account terminated or something else punishing like some companies.

better safe than sorry as they say! thank you for reading.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello.

You can't share your account with your friend.

BUT, his device(s) can be connected to your account, i mean to your subscription and to your Bitdefender Central account.

Just like in my case, my brother's laptop and tablet (who by the way lives in Germany) and my father's Android phone (who also lives in North Macedonia, just like me) are all 3 devices connected to my account (Bitdefender Total Security for 10 devices subscription) and my account has never been banned/terminated for doing that.

Also, you must inform your friend that from your Bitdefender Central account you will have (full) access to the Bitdefender app(s) installed on his device(s), like doing a malware scan, anti-theft, update etc.

Forgot to mention that this is not allowed for the Family Pack subscription as all 15 devices must be in the same household or your account might be banned/terminated.

Regards.

Answers

• 42savage
    Options

so if im on the antivirus plus with 3 device sharing plan, i should be ok to link his device to my list?

• 42savage
    Options

huh, weird, tried to edit my comment and it deleted its self lol.

anyway, if im on the antivirus plus plan with 3 device sharing, i should be fine to add his device to my list?

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't use and never used Antivirus Plus, but personally i think it would be all OK and you should be fine.

After all, your account will not be banned/terminated, but your subscription can be (not: will be) limited for usage only to you and your household family members.

You could give it a try.

Don't forget that Bitdefender ANTIVIRUS PLUS subscription covers 1, 3, 5 or 10 Windows only devices.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @42savage and welcome to the Community!

You are running a paid subscription for up to 3 devices and you will be just fine adding your friend's device for protection. Some restrictions may apply for the Family Pack version indeed, but these are in place to ensure fair usage. Termination of service can only happen under special circumstances or repeated breaches of the fair usage policy.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• 42savage
    Options

Thank you everyone for the answers.

• I have sent my girlfriend multiple links to add her device to my account, have installed, uninstalled (using the tool provided by BD Total Security 2022 support) and reinstalled with links provided by them as well; and no matter what after the install completes when she tries to log-in to the BD Total Security she gets the error "Wrong Password". That's using the same password I use on all 3 of my devices(I'm allowed up to 5 devices on my subscription). Once she was able to login to the Bitdefender webpage using my credentials but not any more. Phone support seems to be unable to help with this issue, they just keep sending the same useless uninstall / reinstall links and instructions, I believe the issue is on their end but they apparently don't even consider that.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @DoTheVooDew and welcome to the Community!

I have located your ticket with the Support Teams and I have noticed you were instructed to reset the password of your Bitdefender account. Kindly reply on the open case and the engineers will provide further assistance.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user