Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

No WiFi with Web Protection enabled on Mobile

Options

Hello,

im currently using ios beta 15.5. with VPN enable no connectivity when connected to WiFi. Disable VPN and WiFi works fine. Any ideas?

Comments

• secpanda
    edited May 2022
    Options

Same.

Have been trouble shooting this issue ever since I got off work this afternoon. Modem, pfSense, mesh-setup all good. Got suspicious about BitDefender being the reason when all wired devices had full internet connectivity, while every single wireless devices in the household having problems connecting despite getting an ip lease (both through carrier or wifi).

Verified the BitDefender VPN / Web Protection of being the culprit, as everything worked as it should once i disabled 'connect on demand'.

Someone please explain: Is 'VPN' and 'Web Protection' the same thing, or are they separate means of protection? On my iPhone i've noticed I am unable to disable 'VPN' while keeping the 'Web Protection' activated.

Could someone from the devs please also explain what is up? I've been unable to find any official statements on what's going on with this. (Beside draining all our phones batteries like crazy, I've had BitDefender with Web Protection been working flawlessly on 17 devices since march..)

Edit: Really don't feel comfortable about having 'Web Protection' disabled, but a phone without webconnection is just not an option..

• mr_jeg8
    Options

I’ve been having the same issue since this morning. Logged into both my iPad and iPhone and everything was working fine until it stopped. Took me a while but I also tracked it down to Web Protection. Under the VPN settings WP said it was “connecting” with the wheel spinning and the claim that I had no internet connection. Clicked on BitdefenderVPN in the VPN settings and poof magically I had internet. What’s up with Web Protection?

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

If you visit this topic:

it seems that a lot of people are having the same (or at least: the similar) issue.

I think you should wait for a fix to be released by the dev team.

Regards.