Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Big flaw. Bitdefender allows its removal from Device Admin Apps.

Options

I really hope I'm missing something here.

When I go to my phone's Security Settings > Device Admin Apps, I can remove Bitdefender from the device admin apps. Then, I can uninstall Bitdefender just like any other app. Applock and Anti-Theft are gone. What's the point of using Bitdefender?

I can't believe it allows this. I used to use Kaspersky and as soon as the device admin apps configuration was open, Kaspersky would lock the phone.

I'm using Samsung S10 with Android 12.

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Your point may hold true and I would tag bitdefender admins to look into this and get it checked by the developers, but most of the security solutions available on the google play store work like this only. That is why you should have some sort of security lock enabled on your device, be it maze lock, pin, password or fingerprint.

@Alexandru_BD, @Mike_BD

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Anynicknameisfine and welcome to the Community!

Due to Google Play Store application policies, we cannot block the removal of device administrator permissions. @mrmirakhur your assumption is correct and the advice as well, there should be a security lock enabled on the device (as it happens with all mobile phones these days), be it maze lock, pin, password or fingerprint. So this is highly recommended and fundamental for privacy and the security of your phone.

Cheers.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• @Alexandru_BD thanks for your response!

I understand we should always have some sort of screen lock.

What I didn't know is that Google Play store has this policy in place, specially because I just recently left Kaspersky and, as I mentioned, their app immediately locks the phone when the Device Admin Apps configuration is open.

In order to remove Kaspersky as device admin, we need to do it inside the app and it requires authentication, only after that we are allowed to uninstall the app. To me this is a much more secure way as it prevents thieves doing whatever they want if they get your phone unlocked from your hands (which I quite frequent in Brazil).

I know this is a very specific case, but this totally makes Bitdefender not suitable for me.

Anyway, I thought I would just let the Bitdefender team knows and maybe this would be something fixable, but apparently due to this policy it won't be possible.

Thanks a lot for your help, guys!

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

As quoted earlier also, there are some antimalware vendor that offer in app device admin deactivation while some of the antimalware still depend on the old traditional way. And it is totally upto the developers of the antimalware solution as to what they think is best suitable for their product.

Rest your feedback will be shared with the developers.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)