Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can a new CPU/processor help speed up pc, or any other hardware components?

Options
VoidExile
edited May 2022 in General Topics

I often connect my vpn to Japan or United States. They are the furthest points and most relevant, but this is mostly used when I want to appear in another country. I usually stick to Sweden where I'm from but even that is slow. I experience general slowdowns everywhere and from what I can tell, there is nothing I can really do about it. I have a Crucial MX500 1TB if I remember correctly. Also an old hdd for secondary things, images and videos. Things no longer load super fast and some things have more delay than others. I'm not sure if this is a fault of my ssd or a fault of my i5-8600k cpu, 16gb ram. Ram and energy usage and such have not been tampered on bitdefender other than what comes by default. Windows 10. I tried most of the things people would recommend. Cleaning, scanning, optimizing drives, repairing drives and things like that. I'm thinking that maybe since cpu/processor determines how fast things load and is "processed", maybe it's time to upgrade my cpu if I want to keep using bitdefender for other things than just casually browsing the web? Seems I have some money to spend but want to be sure I know what I can upgrade and then do the research from there. Graphics card gtx1060 btw. Also not sure if my internet is the problem but it is faster on no vpn or just Sweden vpn but still a bit slow even without one... I think?

Thinking I should replace my Crucial mx500 1tb for crucial p5 1tb or also replace the HDD for the crucial mx500 1tb which gives me 500 more gb of space and... a faster storage drive I suppose?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

In brief, crucial mx 500 is a sata ssd whereas crucial p5 is nvme ssd.

A basic difference between both is that nvme ssd are faster than sata ssd.

Additionally you can check the ssd benchmark comparison between crucial mx 500 (1 TB) & crucial P5 (1 TB) by visiting the below stated link:

https://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Crucial-P5-3D-NVMe-PCIe-M2-1TB-vs-Crucial-MX500-500GB/m1217319vsm418385

Rest, in order to get better help, it is advisable to contact crucial support (https://eu.crucial.com/support/ssd-support) before buying in order to get exact product as per your needs.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Flexx
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Well, as I went through your images, your system configurations are more than enough. Even the motherboard type is very good in relation to performance. I am unable to understand as to why you are facing performance issue.

I will only suggest that you can go in for an SSD and there is no need to go in for the NVMe SSD which is costlier than the SATA SSD.

So, my take would be to upgrade from HDD to SSD.

In relation to your performance related to VPN, you can try TCP optimizer software (https://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php)

Make sure you are disconnected from VPN before you run this software. After opening the software, select your internet service provider speed (connection speed) and then at the bottom select optimal" and click on apply changes and restart your PC. There will be only slight improvement in the internet speed. After everything is done, you can try and reconnect your VPN.

Hope this will help you to certain extent.

Regards

Answers

• RedsFan
    RedsFan ✭✭✭
    Options

Another brand like Samsung 850 or Kingston is also a good NVme SSD

• So in terms of what I can do to speedup my pc while VPN is enabled (maybe cross country in some cases) and near max protection because I don't know what to get rid of and are browsing around on chrome quite a bit right now with many tabs open at all times. I mostly want to prioritize so I can be protected without suffering the negatives of the protection, so I'm thinking I need to upgrade some computer components and the thing that come to mind are cpu which isn't always compatible with my PRIME z370-p which are too much work to setup at the moment. hard drives which are a bit of a hassle to setup, moving around data and such and internet which may be difficult since it's already good and live with my parents still. I have money but also not enough to freely spend on just anything. My goal is just to get back on the performance I had prior to my new habits and bitdefender

• Flexx
    Options

To narrow down here, could you download CPU-Z (https://download.cpuid.com/cpu-z/cpu-z_2.01-en.exe) & share the screenshot of each category like CPU, Mainboard, Memory, SPD & Graphics.

Additionally, which windows are you using.

Regards

• Something like this? I just opened a couple tabs and took the screenshot a second after. Can't say more than that I'm using Chrome

• VoidExile
    edited May 2022
    Options

That's on Swedish VPN btw, which is where I'm from