Bitdefender keeps asking me to grant Full Disk Access by dropping the icon in the privacy window...

but the icon is already there?

Answers

• Hello @trout_hunter123 and welcome to the Community!

I'm not quite sure I understand the situation. If you are using a Mac and wish to grant full disk access, you can check the article below for detailed steps:

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I have the same problem on an Imac. Bitdefender keeps asking me to grant Full Disk Access by dropping the icon in the privacy window... The problem is Bitdefender.. SPSE and B Antivirus for Mac are already in the folder with Full Disk Access checked.

I have uninstalled & re-installed with the same problem. Again only on one of our Mac do we have this problem. Thanks for any help, Kenny

• Hello,

It may actually ask for something else. After installation, you have to do two things to make it work: one is to give full disk access and the other one is to unlock it.

Check the below article, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "How to continue the installation..." for the relevant MacOS:

Let us know if this was helpful.

Best regards.

• I'm having the same problem on my MBP Air. Being continuously told to drag the 'B' icon to Full Disk Access. When I check, the 'B' is there but the toggle switch for the selection has been turned off. Turn it back on and it's back to normal. I've been running BitDefender for a long time and the problem has appeared rather recently. The only change I've made with the laptop is I downloaded Sonoma a couple of months ago.

• It seems I am having the same problem as those above. I have installed successfully on my iMac and MacMini. I grant full access on System Preferences. Everything looks OK. I go to open the antivirus interface, and it still says Grant Full Access even though your icons have been deposited in Accessibility (Privacy)

Is this indeed a bug?

• Hi @DukeOfMdns,

As far as I know, all subsequent reports for this matter should go through Customer Support for further analysis, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with the Bitdefender engineers by choosing one of the contact channels listed here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

State your contact reason, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

• I'm having the same issue. It happened right after updating to the new version. I have an open ticket with support. Tried all what they said to try with no success. I'm thinking there's a problem with the update. Does anybody know if there's a way to reinstall the older version?

• A Support Engineer just got back to me. The problem is on their end and they will have an update to fix the problem.